Confused over "chartered" flight requirement for latest no-quarantine arrivals into Thailand

<removed>

I live in Bangkok on a Non-O visa (Marriage) valid until April 2022 with a re-entry permit and am fully vaccinated since Sept 7. I intend to fly to Singapore mid November and spend a few days there. I will be flying SQ (non-chartered flight) and with the new rules for no-quarantine, does this mean that I will need to join the sandbox program when I return to Thailand and that I'll need to be quarantined in a ASQ hotel for 7+ days and have a US$50K medical insurance policy? And since there isn't a sandbox program in Bangkok, I will have to fly to Phuket or other sandbox destinations??

Anyone has any clue of this "chartered flight" requirement?

Edited by ubonjoe
removed quote of Bangkok Post (forum rule)
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think at this point in time, things aren't very clear even if you ask the embassies. Wait until it is closer to 1 Nov.

It says here that you have to be in Spore for 21 days before travelling to Thailand. 

Edited by EricTh

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That article got it wrong (removed the quote of it>

This infographic has it correct at the bottom of it.

S__1540198.jpg

The chartered flights is only for Buriram since there are no commercial international flights arriving there.

Regarding the paragraph at the bottom of the infographic about arriving on Charter flights.

I read somewhere that Bangkok Airways are stopping Bangkok - Samui Sandbox flights from  from 1st November, So arrivals for Samui from Europe that need to quarantine might need to do so in Bangkok.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That article got it wrong (removed the quote of it>

This infographic has it correct at the bottom of it.

S__1540198.jpg

The chartered flights is only for Buriram since there are no commercial international flights arriving there.

Tks ubonjoe for the infographic. There is no info on those (non-O visa holders) who currently live in Thailand and went overseas and returned to Bangkok in less than 21 days. Are they subject to the new no-quarantine measures and no medical insurance needed?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lucian said:

Tks ubonjoe for the infographic. There is no info on those (non-O visa holders) who currently live in Thailand and went overseas and returned to Bangkok in less than 21 days. Are they subject to the new no-quarantine measures and no medical insurance needed?

i have read that in other articles.

You will still need a covid 19 test and spend one night in a SHA+ hotel while waiting for the result if fully vaccinated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

i have read that in other articles.

You will still need a covid 19 test and spend one night in a SHA+ hotel while waiting for the result if fully vaccinated.

That is nothing. The big hurdle is the COE (if you need one, which I think you do). When you (try to) apply for a COE you'll understand what I mean.

3 hours ago, JackGats said:

That is nothing. The big hurdle is the COE (if you need one, which I think you do). When you (try to) apply for a COE you'll understand what I mean.

Are any embassies issuing COEs right now? I know they are suspended from some countries, but is this universal? I appreciate that the one night quarantine option is certainly not officially supported, but maybe the more flexible embassies will provide a workaround to the lack of online support for this.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

Are any embassies issuing COEs right now? I know they are suspended from some countries, but is this universal?

They might not be issuing them if arriving on/after November 1st. I am sure they are being issued and application accepted if entering before the 1st.

What embassies are not issuing them?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

They might not be issuing them if arriving on/after November 1st. I am sure they are being issued and application accepted if entering before the 1st.

i am arriving from UK on the 4th Nov but still got issued COE 2 days ago under the sandbox scheme.

I was hoping i could leave Phuket after 2 days under the new rules, i don't get why the sandbox scheme should not be any different from the new rulings when they come into force.

Edited by Dene16
delete word

4 minutes ago, Dene16 said:

i am arriving from UK on the 4th Nov but still got issued COE 2 days ago under the sandbox scheme.

I was hoping i could leave Phuket after 2 days under the new rules, i don't get why the sandbox scheme should not be any different from the new rulings when they come into force.

You may be able to leave the sandbox early since you are from a listed country. The new rules were not approved when you started your COE application.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salerno said:

"For returning Thais and foreign residents, it is not necessary to be in an approved country for 21 days or more, as long as they are travelling from Thailand to the approved country/s and return within the last 21 days."

Second bullet point under point 1: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/quarantine-free-thailand-reopening-for-vaccinated-tourists-from-1-november-2021/

I wonder how they will define foreign residents. Does that mean they have to have a resident permit, or does a marriage one-year extension count? I'd guess it might only be the former, and that anyone living full-time in Thailand with family doesn't count as a resident. 

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wonder how they will define foreign residents.

Good question. I tend to lean to the more optimistic side though and think that if you have been in Thailand for a while (regardless of visa/extension) and you're just popping to e.g. Singapore for a few days you'll be allowed back "quarantine free".

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I wonder how they will define foreign residents. Does that mean they have to have a resident permit, or does a marriage one-year extension count? I'd guess it might only be the former, and that anyone living full-time in Thailand with family doesn't count as a resident. 

I think it means anybody that was here when they traveled to a listed country.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

As usual, Thailand is not being specific. What constitute foreign residents? Which visa count as foreign residents? A foreign resident could be just permanent resident.

Edited by EricTh

28 minutes ago, EricTh said:

As usual, Thailand is not being specific. What constitute foreign residents? Which visa count as foreign residents? A foreign resident could be just permanent resident.

A person staying here can be considered a resident.

Being a resident does not mean having permanent residency.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wpcoe said:

To do a Pattaya Sandbox, would I have to fly into U-Tapao directly from overseas, or can I fly into Suvarnabhumi and take ground transportation to Pattaya?

You can fly into Suvarnabhumi but the hotel would have to pick you up there. 

• Like 1

From the OP:  "intend to fly to Singapore mid November and spend a few days there. I will be flying SQ (non-chartered flight) and with the new rules for no-quarantine, "

If you are using a NON-VTL flight LON-SIN you may be obliged to quarantine in Singapore so be careful. If you are transiting through SIN airport not a problem, i think.

Edited by bangon04
  • Thanks 1