Covid insurance for tourists vs. for OA visa (and extension of stay)

Well, it's as clear as mud now.

Latest news reports are that incoming tourists will need US$ 50K in Covid insurance.  And sometime soon new O-A visa applicants will need US$ 100K insurance cover (inclusive of covid), and sometime later (September 2022?) extensions based on original O-A will also require the US$ 100K cover. 

Is that the current state of play?  Yes, of course, things could change at any time....

At this time the $100,000 dollar insurance us is only to apply for a new Non-OA visa at a embassy or official consulate.

There is no requirement for it be shown for a extension of stay application at immigration. It is still 40/400k baht insurance.

It will be required after September 30th of of 2022.

58 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

At this time the $100,000 dollar insurance us is only to apply for a new Non-OA visa at a embassy or official consulate.

There is no requirement for it be shown for a extension of stay application at immigration. It is still 40/400k baht insurance.

It will be required after September 30th of of 2022.

Thanks for that.  I got US$100K covid insurance when I returned to

Thailand this past August on O-A extension and reentry permit.  It's valid through the end of my current permission to stay.  So as long as I do my next extension before 30/09/22, immigration won't require me to renew the covid insurance?  I'll only need to renew the 400K/40k cover I also have?

35 minutes ago, JTXR said:

So as long as I do my next extension before 30/09/22, immigration won't require me to renew the covid insurance?

Immigration is not requiring proof of covid 19 insurance to apply for a extension at the time and it should not be needed until after September of next year unless that make a new rule.

I have used my Combination (OA Visa and Covid 19) insurance policy to exit and enter Thailand twice this year.  Pacific Cross provided me with an endorsement letter that the clearly indicated the policy will cover equivalent to $100,000 USD in Covid 19 related illness medical treatment(s).   The Policy has a coverage maximum of 3.5 Million Baht.  Doubt it was a coincidence that the new OA Visa Coverage limit for September 30,2022 is at 3 Million?  Yes, the annual premium is not cheap but at this point Pacific Cross appears to be a solid company(this could change once I have to file a claim)?