Reliable AQI application for air pollution in Thailand

internationalism

With burning season coming I am looking for a mobile application.

In apple application store there are some 10 of them.

For the last year I have been using iqair, but it's unreliable, with my closest stations located at schools and switched off

for weekends and holidays.

Even today my local stations give a very wild readings from 4 to 100. 

Those with the lowest index located probably in enclosed space.

I don't want to buy reader, they start from 800b, but can also be unreliable, as much as those free in applications.

My air purifier doesn't have any indicator about level of pollution, they are in the lowest range, but do good job for me. 

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

this one has very few and poor ratings. Last time update 10 months ago. The nearest, and the only, station is 2km from me. Won't be reliable in my case

If you want anything closer to home and reliable, then buying your own is I suggest, your only option.

• Like 1

my large and strong air purifies, some 30W and some 50 m/2 I have bought for for some 700b. The cheapest 

indicators are 800b. Not point in buying them, if institutions in my neighbourhood, like schools, shops, have much more sophisticated. Just no one knows, if they are positioned outside or inside.

I will have to stick iqair, hopefully they will improve over time. That application shows the first in searching results, with 64k reviews and with 10 stations within 2km radius 

Get your own sensor. 10-13k baht for sensor that can plug into the AirVisual app and you can provide service for your area.

Else there are 2 ways of getting data - Windy app gets information from satellite, IQAir's AirVisual or AQICN.org get data from government and private sensors on the ground, like one mentioned in first line.

I use IQAir's sensor. Bought online, but even Villa Market is selling it...

• Like 2