Does Anyone know if a Foreigner can use Etihad flight to BKK via Phuket? (EY430)

Hello, 

I found a flight ticket of Etihad going to BKK via Phuket.

It seems that the flight first stops at Phuket, and goes to BKK on the same flight.

I understand that new rules had been announced recently regarding the entry, but I have some questions regarding the avialbility of etihad as an international airlines option as a foreigner.

Q1. If my flight is from the UK (resided almost 2 years), and if I have to change my flight in UAE (less than 12 hours stay at the airport), because I have to use Etihad flight, does it affect my eligibility of no quarantine requirement?

Q2. I found the flight (screenshot has been attached) which goes to BKK via Phuket. It seems that it's just a one single flight coming from Abu Dhabi, stops in Phuket briefly, and goes to BKK. Until recently, I was told that a foreigner cannot change flight in BKK to use the Phuket sandbox program. Can I use this Etihad EY430 flight, because I do not need to leave the plane until I arrive in BKK?

1921129684_canaforeignerusethisflighttobkk.jpg.b47e300db69f7f3b3d17b91f6a74d89d.jpg

Your answer would be very much  appreciated.

Regards

All Etihad flights to Thailand now stop at Phuket before going on to Bangkok. This is being done for the Phuket Sandbox passengers but I can see that changing soon as the new 'No Quarantine' schemes take over from the Sandbox. I can't see Etihad stopping at Phuket much longer - there'll be very few passengers.

You will not be changing planes in Phuket, I don't even think you will leave the aircraft - you will be fine. 

I certainly hope so as I'm already booked to arrive on an Etihad flight.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am actually flying on the same flight number and I called the airline and asked them the question and I was told that I would need to pay an additional $475.00 USD to stay on the plane and follow on to Bangkok. I only paid $485.00 for the 1st leg from USA to Dubai on to Phuket so needless to say I will spend a night in Phuket then move on to BKK the next day. I am not paying that type of $$ for a connection to BKK.

9 hours ago, raptorea said:

I am actually flying on the same flight number and I called the airline and asked them the question and I was told that I would need to pay an additional $475.00 USD to stay on the plane and follow on to Bangkok. I only paid $485.00 for the 1st leg from USA to Dubai on to Phuket so needless to say I will spend a night in Phuket then move on to BKK the next day. I am not paying that type of $$ for a connection to BKK.

It's not the connection, but your fare gets calculated differently now than it did a while ago. Many airlines do the same now that travelling to some destinations becomes more likely to attract customers. 475 from the US is a great deal which probably will never come back.

10 hours ago, raptorea said:

What you are describing is  normal for airlines, who look for ways and means to enhance their income, when given the opportunity. Try and change  departure or changing a stop over for a stay of one or two days, and you find yourself paying through the nose for it. 

12 hours ago, raptorea said:

Before you make that decision, have a look at how much it will cost to cancel the flight and re-book to Bangkok.  However, being a 'bargain price' flight, the cancellation fee might be huge - worth looking though.

There was a time and it wasn't that long ago when you could have sorted your problem out through the groundstaff when you checked in - they used to have the ability to do almost anything, sadly, those days have gone - its now 'computer says no'.