1st November questions

With the information currently released I was wondering..

1) Can I fly from Europe to Doha (Qatar) to Bangkok with Qatar Airways. There was  some mention about no transit but I can no longer find it. All countries are on the approved list (for Europe places Im thinking of).

1b) Can I do a stopover in Doha (i.e. exit airport, stay a night  and return)?

2) If you have the one shot janssen vaccine is that fine?

3) Is it 72hrs from your first flight or 72hrs from your final flight to Thailand for the PCR test?

4) Can I do visa exemption 30 day still? (i.e. no prior visa)

5) Are Covid-60 day extensions likely to be available in December?

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

The Newspaper-that-dare-not-speak-its-name reported yesterday that the US$50,000 insurance was not required for people returning to Thailand within 21 days.

I went looking for the referenced article, what I read is that this only applies to Thai nationals.

Would have been nice if it applied to anyone on a re-entry visa, but that seems not to be the case.

Still a good catch, lots of us have Thai nationals as significant others that may travel together.

Edited by expat_4_life

16 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

You already have all the current information.  Everyone here is waiting for more "official" information, so no one here can answer your questions..  Even the Thailand Pass website has nothing.

its been suggested to me to postpone and not try to come in on the first week of nov.  none of the hotels have information on how to proceed.  i mean how to get to hotel. where the test will be given and paid for.  seems this is more complicated than we think u cant just reserve a room ,  you need other items too. like transfer and pcr 

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

its been suggested to me to postpone and not try to come in on the first week of nov.  none of the hotels have information on how to proceed.  i mean how to get to hotel. where the test will be given and paid for.  seems this is more complicated than we think u cant just reserve a room ,  you need other items too. like transfer and pcr 

So it's still not clear if it's 50k of medical insurance or Covid insurance 

2 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

I went looking for the referenced article, what I read is that this only applies to Thai nationals.

Would have been nice if it applied to anyone on a re-entry visa, but that seems not to be the case.

Still a good catch, lots of us have Thai nationals as significant others that may travel together.

bangkok post today posted correction and apology - covid insurance $50k is required

23 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Attached is a list of 'low risk countries' and also the 7 conditions for entering Thailand quarantine free. You should be able answer your own questions from these two.

List of low risk countries.jpg

Conditions for entering Thailand.jpg

Number 3 doesn't make sense for me. My home country is Thailand but I'll be returning to Thailand from the UAE. Perhaps they need to re-word it to 'departure' country rather than 'home'.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Number 3 doesn't make sense for me. My home country is Thailand but I'll be returning to Thailand from the UAE. Perhaps they need to re-word it to 'departure' country rather than 'home'.

Probably and error in translation. I would just ignore it since it should be the country you depart from.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:
13 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Probably and error in translation. I would just ignore it since it should be the country you depart from.

More probably something, yet again, that they didn't think through properly and just assumed that all arrivals would be tourists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogi yogi said:

That's not correct. AQ and SH + hotels are were putting up the new packages yesterday. More hotels to follow. Same with insurance. Pickup at the airport and testing is included in the new packages just like the older packages.

I booked insurance and hotels yesterday morning under the new plan. 

• Like 1

Questions for PCR test on arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport

Do I have to book a RT-PCR test from UK, or will it be done when I arrive at immigration 

Which hotels near the airport are qualified for Covid-19 quarantine and when will they be published so I can book a room.

How do I transfer to the hotel from the airport, or are all taxis qualified for Covid-19 quarantine

How will I be notified of the result of the test?

If I fail how do I arrange a second test

On 10/23/2021 at 5:34 AM, Salerno said:

1     Yes

1b   No

2     Yes

3     First

4     Yes

5     Yes/No/Maybe

thai response

1  Why so serious?!

2  You tink too mutt

3 Did you eat rice yet

4 Where u come from

5 Do you have thai lady

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dan O said:

That's not correct. AQ and SH + hotels are were putting up the new packages yesterday. More hotels to follow. Same with insurance. Pickup at the airport and testing is included in the new packages just like the older packages.

I booked insurance and hotels yesterday morning under the new plan. 

is thier a site to look at them on internet.  ive been looking at one sha plus hotel. i would like to stay at.  bottom line is for overpriced transfer and test.  and probably room .  most will only stay one night i was gonna stay a few nights but not now as the prices are high, so people will want out fast

Just now, Salerno said:

You book a 1 night package that includes all of the things you ask. 

https://asq.in.th/?durationSelectedItem=1+Day

https://thaiest.com/blog/aq-hotel-1-night-packages

i was kinda hoping to stay at a sha plus hotel.   i wonder if over the next days they will have some one night packages available.?  i wonder if the sha plus hotels are similar to aq hotels? can sha plus hotels do pcr testing just like the aq hotels?  whats the cheapest one u have seen so far.  

is their any real difference between the sha plus hotel and the aq hotel?  i wonder if both will be set up to do the pcr test.?  i dont see any sha plus hotels offering one night packages.  only a few aq hotels.  maybe many more will be online tomorrow.  what site has them all to choose from . would be nice if i could just go to agoda and shop for one

20 minutes ago, yogi yogi said:

i was kinda hoping to stay at a sha plus hotel.   i wonder if over the next days they will have some one night packages available.?  i wonder if the sha plus hotels are similar to aq hotels? can sha plus hotels do pcr testing just like the aq hotels?  whats the cheapest one u have seen so far.  

https://www.thailandsha.com/shalists/index?type=2-โรงแรม+ที่พัก+และโฮมสเตย์&province=10-Bangkok&keyword=

Just now, Thai Visa Member 999999 said:

thanks its odd only 5 sha plus hotels in all of bkk.  i think my obsession with my preference with a sha plus hotel over a aq hotel might be a mistake for me.   maybe i will drop it and just go for aq hotel.  i dont know why i cant search for one on agoda 

12 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

May I ask why you say 'No' to 1b? Qatar is on the list, is this because Id be submitting my route from Europe

It will depend on how they treat the "21 days" clause. If you do a stopover then technically your flight to Thailand originates in Qatar and your Thailand Pass will have to be obtained there. 

It could be a "possible" if they decide the 21 days can be cumulative, but I doubt it e.g. how would the Embassy/Consulate verify a person hasn't been in a country not on the list? Personally, if my responsibility, I wouldn't take someones word on it nor spend the time trying to verify even if the various privacy legislation around the world let me.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Salerno said:

You book a 1 night package that includes all of the things you ask. 

https://thaiest.com/blog/aq-hotel-1-night-packages

I only had a quick look at one hotel  (Three Sukhumvit) on the first link and its sadly lacking in detail - still talking about 2 covid tests (day 5-7 and day 11-13).  Hopefully things will improve over the coming days.

Those who complain about the prices being charged should bear in mind that in some areas of Thailand, it costs 4000 baht for a PCR test alone so the above hotel @ 4600 for a room including a test isn't bad at all.

Not that I agree with this one day Quarantine, sorry, waiting period. I must learn the difference, its not quarantine, even if you are fortunate enough to be in the 'Exemption from Quarantine' group - its 'waiting'.

"I'm staying under the Exemption from Quarantine rules" - Yes Sir!

"So, I can leave my room and go for a walk around" - No Sir!

"My friend can visit me in my room?" - No Sir!

"I can pop down to 7/11" - No Sir!

"And you say its not quarantine, its waiting" - Yes Sir!

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Haha 1