Building Costs in Thailand - Construction Costs of Houses

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Countries that are in a better recovery position then Thailand are seeing shortages and major inflation on construction materials/costs.   I bet Thailand will experience this at some point and building now could be much better then doing so in a year.

Steel price is all ready up.

17 minutes ago, itsari said:

What motive you have to post your views is somewhat hard to understand .

Maybe loads of pm traffic, Nah could never be so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL,   TIT.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, bbko said:

When it comes to Thai visa, medical, insurance vehicles, news Thai Visa/Aseannow is the first place I check, when it comes to construction it isn't. Nuff said.

I think you can get some top notch advice on Asean now and other forums.

But you can pass on it all and just ask  Bob  !!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

bob - Copy.JPG

• Haha 1

Just building a new beach home, admittedly i am not really 'watching the money' on this one as its something i've waited a while to commence.

Works out to be roughly 20,000 THB per SQM for the 'Shell'. over 1.2m alone for 2 x 40m walls and 2 x 10m walls (parameter walls) @ 3meters high for first 20m linear and 2.5m there after...

Cost then goes into prettifying and covering the concrete shell, i'd hazard around 35,000-45,000 THB per SQM by end of, but the plunge pool will cost 300,000 for piling alone and about 800,000 from rebar to functioning.

Numerous additional costs such as transporting materials by long-tail (1,000 THB per trip) and I am looking at 160 trips, plus 4 ferry trips at 70,000 THB each 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:09 AM, UKJASE said:

we built ours in hua hin about 6 years ago at a cost of 12k / m2.  nice finish too, with good euro kitchen and plenty marble counter tops etc.  big euro PVC windows, boontavorn floor tiles, cpac concrete roof tiles, jotun paint, large bath tub etc etc

plans drawn up by an architect from the orbitor was only 7,000 baht (we were quoted 150k from a farang architect!!)

labour was 4,000 baht per m/2, paid in small installments - all the materials we resourced ourselves.

a few headaches, but overall a very rewarding experience - plus the house still looks great

Jase, any chance you kept the builders details or name? We are looking to start building in Hua Hin soon, cheers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Excellent information on this thread. Would also like to gather more information since I'm planning to build my home in the near future (3-5years time). I've attached some sample photos of the kind of design I'm looking to build for my home.

Would a 50-70k/sqm guide price for building & hiring of Architect be sufficient? Location will be Nonthaburi region. 

DEEPDENE-MODERN-HOUSE-1.jpg

house.jpeg

On 8/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, leclec said:

Excellent information on this thread. Would also like to gather more information since I'm planning to build my home in the near future (3-5years time). I've attached some sample photos of the kind of design I'm looking to build for my home.

Would a 50-70k/sqm guide price for building & hiring of Architect be sufficient? Location will be Nonthaburi region. 

DEEPDENE-MODERN-HOUSE-1.jpg

house.jpeg

the house price can vary within a wide range, based on the interior, the quality of materials, etc.

i would say that 70k per sqm should be sufficient for a high standard of building quality. 

however, i would not include the following in this price: furniture, kitchen, bathroom fixtures, 

air conditioning systems, media systems, architect fees and charges ...

and, in 5 years, material prices and labor costs could also be 5 - 10% higher as today ...

an estimate of costs from a contractor will provide more specific figures ...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, motdaeng said:

the house price can vary within a wide range, based on the interior, the quality of materials, etc.

i would say that 70k per sqm should be sufficient for a high standard of building quality. 

however, i would not include the following in this price: furniture, kitchen, bathroom fixtures, 

air conditioning systems, media systems, architect fees and charges ...

and, in 5 years, material prices and labor costs could also be 5 - 10% higher as today ...

an estimate of costs from a contractor will provide more specific figures ...

Much appreciated with all these little bits of info. Helps in giving me a ball park figure on how much I need. Will speak start speaking to contractors/Architect once I've purchased the land. 

Cheers

• Thumbs Up 1