Sending a large sum of money to the UK

DeeMoney, as mentioned above, may work but it does have a Bt800k daily limit. I have used them a number of times for transfers to UK, but far less that your requirement (around Bt400k in total). Once registered no demand for any paperwork to show source of funds /visa or WP status, but that may depend on value of transfer / multiple transfers. My transfers, if set-up around 8am, were in my UK bank same working day by around 4pm Thai time.

They are running an iPhone 13 promotion just now for cumulative transfers of Bt5m until 31Jan22 so that seems to imply they may have no issues with multiple high value transfers.

https://blog.deemoney.com/iphone13airpodpro/?fbclid=IwAR2E2LNtTNO1nfTOilyFJi9GJewlA9m7-P020Ruu0aZHBgUtLH2kxIbRxFE

22 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I'm looking at the possibility of sending a large sum of money to the UK, up to 10 million baht.

The ease depends a lot on the source of the funds.   Using your Thai bank, money transferred in for property purchase can be sent out, I believe.  If the source is income/salary there's also no issue.

11 minutes ago, dabhand said:

DeeMoney, as mentioned above, may work but it does have a Bt800k daily limit. I have used them a number of times for transfers to UK, but far less that your requirement (around Bt400k in total). Once registered no demand for any paperwork to show source of funds /visa or WP status, but that may depend on value of transfer / multiple transfers. My transfers, if set-up around 8am, were in my UK bank same working day by around 4pm Thai time.

They are running an iPhone 13 promotion just now for cumulative transfers of Bt5m until 31Jan22 so that seems to imply they may have no issues with multiple high value transfers.

https://blog.deemoney.com/iphone13airpodpro/?fbclid=IwAR2E2LNtTNO1nfTOilyFJi9GJewlA9m7-P020Ruu0aZHBgUtLH2kxIbRxFE

What did you need to provide for registration? so sounds like no requirement to prove foreign source of funds once registered?

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

What did you need to provide for registration? so sounds like no requirement to prove foreign source of funds once registered?

From memory, sent a scanned copy of passport ID page  and I was contacted by a DM rep on my mobile to verify my contact details. May be more now as that was a couple of years back.

Have recently sent a transfer to UK (around Bt50k) and all done via apps (QR code from my Thai Bank after setting up the transfer on the DM app. No info required on source of funds but that may change on larger sums. Works for me.

• Like 1