Rotary watch service Bkk?

clivebaxter

Have a 30 year old gold Rotary watch keeps stopping. Last time took it to small stall inside Big C, he stripped it all down cleaned it and put in new digital movement, cheap Chinese one I expect. Stopped again took it back said the hands were tight, worked again for a year now stopped again. Is there a place that specializes in an old watch to get it looked at properly?

Hmm , do you mean a automatic one or a quartz ? A automatic watch can always be fixed , but most likely not at your local Big C . A quartz , then it gets a lot harder , beside cleaning and changing battery , there is not a lot they can do .

24 minutes ago, sezze said:

Hmm , do you mean a automatic one or a quartz ? A automatic watch can always be fixed , but most likely not at your local Big C . A quartz , then it gets a lot harder , beside cleaning and changing battery , there is not a lot they can do .

Quartz

On 10/25/2021 at 7:29 PM, clivebaxter said:

he stripped it all down cleaned it and put in new digital movement, cheap Chinese one I expect

Your OP doesn't make a lot of sense.  What's a "digital movement"?   Do you mean that the watch that used to have hands now doesn't but shows the time digitally?

If the movement was actually replaced by a cheap quartz item that's failing, just get another cheap movement fitted, they cost next to nothing.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2021 at 8:27 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Your OP doesn't make a lot of sense.  What's a "digital movement"?   Do you mean that the watch that used to have hands now doesn't but shows the time digitally?

If the movement was actually replaced by a cheap quartz item that's failing, just get another cheap movement fitted, they cost next to nothing.  

If you just think a little bit before quoting, it might help. Of course he means that the watch originally had a mechanical or an automatic/mechanical function but now unfortunately have been fitted with a modern quartz function.

From start it should not have been replaced at all, due to that it totally destroyed the value of the watch except it´s gold value. And No! He do not mean it shows the time digitally. It still have pointers.

To OP: I would have gone berserk on the guy that changed it from start. He should have referred you to a place that could deal with mechanical wathes and not destroy the watch like he did.

The only things you can do now is to change the cheap <deleted> again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Expand  

If you just think a little bit before quoting, it might help. Of course he means that the watch originally had a mechanical or an automatic/mechanical function but now unfortunately have been fitted with a modern quartz function.

So why did he say, specifically, that it was replaced by a "digital Movement"?   If you had just thought a bit and read my second sentence before rebuking me, it may have helped you understand my comment.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

58 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So why did he say, specifically, that it was replaced by a "digital Movement"?   If you had just thought a bit and read my second sentence before rebuking me, it may have helped you understand my comment.

I explain why he posted that, because you did not seem to understand. Unfortunately that is still a fact. Sorry, I can not help you with understanding. That is entirely your work. And, yes I went back and checked.

Do you mean that the watch that used to have hands now doesn't but shows the time digitally?

And, No, it didn´t help because it was just that I tried to explain to you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I explain why he posted that, because you did not seem to understand. Unfortunately that is still a fact. Sorry, I can not help you with understanding. That is entirely your work. And, yes I went back and checked.

It's you who does not seem to want to understand the glaringly obvious!  My second sentence (that I pointed out to you but you ignored) indicates, very clearly, that I did understand what he probably meant to post.  This is what I posted...

"If the movement was actually replaced by a cheap quartz item that's failing, just get another cheap movement fitted, they cost next to nothing". 

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's you who does not seem to want to understand the glaringly obvious!  My second sentence (that I pointed out to you but you ignored) indicates, very clearly, that I did understand what he probably meant to post. 

And that was what I explained to you.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Gottfrid said:
22 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It's you who does not seem to want to understand the glaringly obvious!  My second sentence (that I pointed out to you but you ignored) indicates, very clearly, that I did understand what he probably meant to post. 

And that was what I explained to you.

You "explained" something that didn't need explaining!   Read my original comment where I referred to quartz movements, not "digital" movements.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You "explained" something that didn't need explaining!   Read my original comment where I referred to quartz movements, not "digital" movements.

Yes, you did! With no need at all, because that was what the OP meant from start. You seem to be the only one that did not understand that. ???? 

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Yes, you did! With no need at all, because that was what the OP meant from start. You seem to be the only one that did not understand that. ???? 

Oh my good gawd.   From my original post...

"If the movement was actually replaced by a cheap quartz item that's failing, just get another cheap movement fitted, they cost next to nothing".  

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Haha 1

On 11/17/2021 at 1:37 PM, Gottfrid said:

Like watching Germany and Argentina.