Beauty queen: Your biggest mission might be the simplest one

webfact

Anchilee_1.jpg

(Photo courtesy of Miss Thailnad Universe Facebook page)

To Anchilee Scott-Kemmis, nobody can go out and change the world alone, but a small first step in the right direction is to love your pure, original self.

Meet Anchilee, the newly crowned Miss Universe Thailand who’s raised the bar of beauty queen quality in Thailand, perhaps the entire universe. Her message to women is simple: “just love yourself”.

Loving kids, nature and animals were probably the most common character traits of beauty queens in the past. This year though, Thai-Australian beauty Anchilee flew to Thailand to compete for the crown to campaign for something few beauty queens have demonstrated – loving and being proud of yourself no matter what.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/beauty-queen-your-biggest-mission-might-be-the-simplest-one/

Logo-top-.png
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, webfact said:

Her message to women is simple: “just love yourself”.

I think the message that comes across, given the last few years Miss Thailand U. winners, is:

"Just love yourself  -- even if you are not an LK"

From 1987:

pantene-perm-care-03-23-1987-s-copy2.jpg

Edited by jerrymahoney

4 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Was she in a Robert Palmer video?

Definitely!   She is 'addicted to (self) love'. I wonder if she plays the guitar?

Edited by Madgee
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Her dress looks like a pair of hands just grabbed her breasts.

Prevents sagging perhaps. Many would be willing to assist there, perhaps.

BTW I thought that all the participants were gorgeous. 

Edited by IAMHERE
add my reasoning process
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Bit too saggy for me

Ah the irony

From the linked post

”Anchilee decided to complete at the 57th Miss Thailand Universe after receiving first-hand unpleasant comments about her body. “At 13, I was told to lose 10 kg at a casting.”

“You’re beautiful but fat, or you could be more beautiful if you shed some weight,” people would just say randomly”

Her words are not only true but also a prediction of the type of comments that always seem to populate threads like this.

How long before the “ladyboy” post comes in I wonder..

Edited by Bluespunk

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah the irony

From the linked post

”Anchilee decided to complete at the 57th Miss Thailand Universe after receiving first-hand unpleasant comments about her body. “At 13, I was told to lose 10 kg at a casting.”

“You’re beautiful but fat, or you could be more beautiful if you shed some weight,” people would just say randomly”

Her words are not only true but also a prediction of the type of comments that always seem to populate threads like this.

How long before the “ladyboy” post comes in I wonder..

The only reason she is speaking up is because she is part Aussie, and Aussie sheila's learn to grow balls from young, not like here.

I said jokingly the other day in another post, she ugly. But the photos don't do her justice, she has a woman's body, not like those skinny tall bonny ones you see that probably eat one meal a day, she is well rounded and I reckon she eats 3 healthy meals a day.

She also speaks fluent English and is educated.

Wish her well, ozzie, ozzie ozzie, oi, oi, oi, hang on a second ????

564000010807408.JPEG

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The only reason she is speaking up is because she is part Aussie, and Aussie sheila's learn to grow balls from young, not like here.

I said jokingly the other day in another post, she ugly. But the photos don't do her justice, she has a woman's body, not like those skinny tall bonny ones you see that probably eat one meal a day, she is well rounded and I reckon she eats 3 healthy meals a day.

564000010807408.JPEG

She looks like an adult 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

564000010807408.JPEG

She looks like an adult 

• Like 1