Thai Airways update for flights Australia to Thailand.

AUSTRALIAN AND THAILAND BORDER UPDATES:  Australian travellers will be permitted to travel from Australia from 01 Nov ’21.  Please check the latest information and criteria for travel at www.smarttraveller.gov.au.  The Thai Government has also announced that from the same date, Australian passport holders will be added to the quarantine-free arrival list.  Please see the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand’s announcement here.  Due to the extra volume of enquiries received, please expect a delay in our response time.

Please note that essential processing by reduced call centre teams continues Mon-Fri 9am-5pm.  Our offices are closed on weekends and public holidays.

FLIGHT SCHEDULES : Flights between Sydney and Bangkok have resumed and can be booked via thaiairways.com or travel agents. From 17 Nov ’21, THAI will fly 4 times a week from Sydney to Bangkok.   NON-STOP flights between Sydney and Phuket will be introduced 3 times a week from 08 Dec ’21. Please visit www.thaiairways.com for updated flight schedules, fares and travel information.  A special fare promotion is now available – sale ends 31 Oct ’21!

REFUND PAYMENTS : THAI’s Business Rehabilitation Plan has been approved and this includes the resumption of refund payments. Please visit THAI News for the latest information http://bit.ly/TGAUNews.

IF YOU BOOKED WITH A TRAVEL AGENT please contact your travel agent for assistance. The travel agent can extend the validity of your ticket for travel until December 2022.

IF YOU BOOKED via THAIAIRWAYS.COM you can claim a travel extension to travel within 31 December ‘22 for the same flight itinerary without any change fee OR a travel voucher by completing this form here https://bit.ly/2QYfLbZ

• Thanks 1

I imagine we'll have to wait and see what the future brings, but current travel enquiries in Thai Air international shows travel from Brisbane to Suvarnabhumi return, quite a lot more than fron Sydney to Suvarnabhumi return.

Doesn't really add up as Sydney flight each way is an extra 750Klm or more.

It was like this also before the Covid came crashing down and it's difficult to see why.

It's not as though the flights were half empty or anything, every time we went they were chock a block full.

18 hours ago, bluejets said:

I imagine we'll have to wait and see what the future brings, but current travel enquiries in Thai Air international shows travel from Brisbane to Suvarnabhumi return, quite a lot more than fron Sydney to Suvarnabhumi return.

Doesn't really add up as Sydney flight each way is an extra 750Klm or more.

It was like this also before the Covid came crashing down and it's difficult to see why.

It's not as though the flights were half empty or anything, every time we went they were chock a block full.

Currently Thai doesn't have scheduled flight direct BNE - BKK. I'm assuming the extra cost is for the BNE - SYD route.

On 10/29/2021 at 2:28 PM, simple1 said:

It was like this also before the Covid came crashing down

Obviously this is the case now but the question is why do it this way.

Before Covid we had direct Brisbane to Bangkok and I might add, at additional cost as well.

39 minutes ago, bluejets said:

Obviously this is the case now but the question is why do it this way.

Before Covid we had direct Brisbane to Bangkok and I might add, at additional cost as well.

Queensland still has restriction in-place for international flights, the reason being currently only 62% of Queenslanders are fully vaccinated. I assume the additional cost BNE - BKK is because only Thai have direct flights, so can get away with additional cost.

SYD - BKK commencing regular flights this month. MLB - BKK currently planned for mid April 22.

Edited by simple1

• 2 weeks later...

Singapore Airlines have more or less direct flights....1 stopover in Changi for 1:25 hrs (not a big deal) AND the fare is almost half of Thai Air where one has to fly Brisbane-Sydney_Bkk and Singapore Airlines only 11 hours as opposed to at least 17 for Thai Air.

7 hours ago, bluejets said:

Singapore Airlines have more or less direct flights....1 stopover in Changi for 1:25 hrs (not a big deal) AND the fare is almost half of Thai Air where one has to fly Brisbane-Sydney. Bkk and Singapore Airlines only 11 hours as opposed to at least 17 for Thai Air.

Need to compare pricing and timing at the time of booking. If one prefers Thai there are flights out of BNE for approx 12:30 hours elapsed; the BNE - SYD leg is with Qantas.

19 hours ago, simple1 said:

Need to compare pricing and timing at the time of booking. If one prefers Thai there are flights out of BNE for approx 12:30 hours elapsed; the BNE - SYD leg is with Qantas.

Yes, exactly what I did.

Double the price on Thai and 17 hours travel time as opposed to 11 on Singapore air.

4 hours ago, bluejets said:

Yes, exactly what I did.

Double the price on Thai and 17 hours travel time as opposed to 11 on Singapore air.

Thai are currently quoting BNE - BKK flights starting from 12 1/2 hours elapsed. I will be travelling with Thai as have vouchers from when they ceased flying intl. Flew with Singapore a few years back, return to India, must say we were disappointed with quality of service. Did a random date selection with Sing departing 6/12 - quotes starting with elapsed time of 14:55 hours., costing A$742.64 one way

https://www.singaporeair.com/flightsearch/externalFlightSearchView.form#/booking

So as I said depends on date / time of travel etc for accurate comparisons. Enough of this now, have a good day...

Edited by simple1