Applying for Thai tourist visa in the US - beyond confusing

1 minute ago, ChiangMaiThai said:

When you go to their site and apply for tourist visa all of these forms are shown as required documents with no elaboration. Really, they expect every tourist to do a medical evaluation and get a criminal background check?? Maybe I am misunderstanding it, but there is no elaboration on their website. 

I need to get the 60 day visa and extend for 30 days. Sent an email to the embassy and will post here if they reply to me. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 13.23.15.png

You only need to upload the required documents for the visa you are applying for.

On page 26 of the instruction manuals it show the page where you select your visa type.

It appears to me you selected the STV Iwroe earlier. That requires everything you lisetd.

• Like 2

I remember i had to show proof of funds for a 60 day single tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Singapore a few years ago..

When i politely asked if i could have a double entry one i got so much abuse i nearly started to cry ????????????

Different requirements and moving goalposts in every location of a Thai embassy or immigration office as usual..

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think you wrong after selecting the correct visa type it will only show the requirements for it,

Well I cant get past uploading Photo and passport Data page page. Applying for O/A, from US. Trying different browsers. It says the system will delete incomplete applications after 2 weeks

I would like to know ideally before continuing 

• What file types and size they require
  • A complete list of required docs and what docs need to be notarized

20 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:
  • What file types and size they require
  • A complete list of required docs and what docs need to be notarized

The instruction manual has info about files size and etc. https://thaievisa.go.th/static/English-Manual.pdf

Looking this page of the embassy website it appears the notarization has been dropped. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/17/oalongstay/

13 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Page 26???   This is why opening up Thailand to tourism again is doomed. What tourist in their right mind wants to read through 26+ pages to apply for a simple tourist visa? When I first came to Thailand I entered on a visa exempt. Returned back to the US, went to an honrary consul general and got an O. Now, it sounds like they want security clearance to Fort Knox.

US tourism must be doomed. Ever seen a Thai applying for a US visa?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

How would he apply for tourist visa while in the country?

He would have to leave the country to apply for a tourist visa at a embassy or consulate.

An agent can do it easily 25/30k visa exempt to retirement no "o" whatever they call it

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

How would he apply for tourist visa while in the country?

He would have to leave the country to apply for a tourist visa at a embassy or consulate.

Is the Covid extension still ongoing? 

26 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Is the Covid extension still ongoing? 

The 60 day covid is available until November 26th. After that it is unknown.

I would not suggest it to anybody that is not in the country at this time.

• Like 2

Tourist visas must be applied for outside of thailand….one can only extend a current tourist visa inside thailand….

very limited options one has when one comes in on a 30 day non exemption ( it is not a visa)….that’s the problem as one cannot extend or convert….

• Like 1

ha u are funny by the way screenshot of bank statement is not accepted must be a download screenshots can be altered . if they dont like the amount of money in your acct . u are screwed..  what were u arrested for?  welcome to the nightmare.  wait till u apply for coe and u will really complain

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day covid is available until November 26th. After that it is unknown.

I would not suggest it to anybody that is not in the country at this time.

i was just thinking i was stupid?  i come nov 1. i could get 60 days more on covid extension and then i didnt need to do tourist visa at all?  a tourist visa with 30 day extension is 90 days.  a free entry 30 day visa with covid extension is same .............90 days.  and with the second scenerio i could even extend the 60 day covid extension another 30 days ..........= 120 days?