Legal rights for accessing wastewater sewage

So my mother in law has some land with no road access (but we dealt with that) and the new owner of the land between us and the wastewater drains along the road has (by filling the land with earth) blocked our drains. That means at times of heavy rain part of her land is flooded. Does she have the right to just dig and connect the drains again? I know in Holland one can.

Has she asked politely?

I'm sure the owner of the land next door doesn't want broken waist water pipes on his property.

It's benefits both of you to have everything working properly.

Its even more important to get along with your neighbor.

A descent Thai guy would probably agree.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Has she asked politely?

I'm sure the owner of the land next door doesn't want broken waist water pipes on his property.

It's benefits both of you to have everything working properly.

Its even more important to get along with your neighbor.

A descent Thai guy would probably agree.

It's a Chinese lady who owns half of the city and she does not give a flying F*** .

Normally you would negotiate with the land holder.The preferred solution is a buried pipe under the filled land. If the span is less than 20 metres you would normally just do it and pay for it. You might be able to get this done in less than a day and the lady probably won't care or notice. If it is longer you would hope the neighbour would contribute something.

If you get a ditch dug the lady will notice and maybe fill it in.

The wet season has just about wound up so, from a Thai perspective, it may no longer have any urgency. You might have to look at the piece of land to work out if there is an alternative way to get the water off.