Duration of E-Visa application for OA Visa and change to stickerless system

What have been your experiences in obtaining a Visa with the E-Visa system on https://www.thaievisa.go.th/? It has been announced that finally Germany will switch to this system starting 22.11.2021. I will fly (hopefully ) end of december. Checking on the embassy webpage in the US they claim 3 weeks processing time max. As it is about to be introduced in Germany there is no info here, so I was hoping to get some feedback from our US members. Also the system will be changed to a stickerless system, so in theory the process should be quicker then before. I understand (but I am not sure) that the e-visa system is based in Thailand and will be run by Thai people or maybe by embassy staff in the country.

From 26 September 2021, 11.00 PM (UTC), it is no longer required for e-Visa applicant to submit his/her passport and original supporting documents in person at the Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate. After the e-Visa application has been approved, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to applicants. It is kindly requested to print a copy of the confirmation e-mail to present to airline and Thai Immigration officials to carry out checks when travelling to Thailand.
  Visa applications received during 18-22 September 2021 will be processed after 26 September 2021, 11.00 pm (UTC).

Thanks!

Edited by stat

My experience of the system  in the UK at first was a little poor, trying to apply for a visa was hampered by the system repeatedly crashing.  This year the web site has been much better. I applied for a o-visa and 2 days later I received a email confirming the approval and a pdf copy of the visa.

Personally I prefer the new system, no longer having to visit a embassy or applying by post.

• Thanks 2