British Passport Renewal

CharlieH. I live in Phayao. Where I live, I am very far from town. There are absolutely no Brits for countersigning etc. I suffer from severe sciatica (cannot walk more than 50 meters). Sad eh! Can you point me in the direction of a reliable agent who I can contact by email?

7 minutes ago, tommygun809 said:

Can you point me in the direction of a reliable agent who I can contact by email?

You can try these, I've seen good reports of their services.

https://www.keyvisathailand.com/services/renewing-uk-passport-thailand/

You shouldn't need countersignatures unless you no longer resemble your previous passport photo.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, davidhen said:

You don't say where you are.

I used a Pattaya agent last September. The service was excellent, turnaround was under 4 weeks, and the total cost was THB 10,000.

Agent: Thai visa express, Soi 15 Pattaya, near Pattaya City Hospital.  

Thanks for the recommendation. I have to renew mine sometime soon, so I'll drop in at this agent and have a chat.

44 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Whilst you can do it yourself, it does involve a trip to Bangkok. Depending on your location you may wish to use an agent and they will handle everything for a fee.

Of course you have to way cost with convenience etc.

I just checked via that link posted by Upnotover, it involves 2 trips to BKK, said you have to collect new PP in person. For those of us upcountry paying an agent's fee certainly seems the way to go.

10 minutes ago, grain said:

I just checked via that link posted by Upnotover, it involves 2 trips to BKK, said you have to collect new PP in person. For those of us upcountry paying an agent's fee certainly seems the way to go.

No it doesn't, it says you can do it all by EMS post, extra 100 bht....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davidhen said:

You don't say where you are.

I used a Pattaya agent last September. The service was excellent, turnaround was under 4 weeks, and the total cost was THB 10,000.

Agent: Thai visa express, Soi 15 Pattaya, near Pattaya City Hospital.  

Ive used them before. Great service. Key visa in Pattaya is also a good agent.

• Like 2

I am unable to recall any reports on Thaivisa/Aseannow from non-Brits who feel a need to fork out an extra 5,000 THB or so for an agent to deal with onerous passport renewal procedures on their behalf!

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

I am unable to recall any reports on Thaivisa/Aseannow from non-Brits who feel a need to fork out an extra 5,000 THB or so for an agent to deal with onerous passport renewal procedures on their behalf!

The Brit who owns Key Visa Services has been doing it for over 20 years, looks like he has built up a good relationship with the UK passport authorities during that time, probably a difficult thing to achieve with any country..

Perhaps other embassies still do passport renewals, be interested to know from non-Brit members..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Perhaps other embassies still do passport renewals, be interested to know from non-Brit members..

For the a US passport you mail the application and your passport to the Embassy in Bangkok. Then you get the new and old one back by mail in around 2 weeks.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Uk passport applications have to be processed through VFS....by appointment, which can take up to 2 weeks............and then currently have to wait 9/10/11 weeks for thE new passport to be returned to VFS and then collected (AT BETWEEN 2-3pm MONDAYS/WEDNESDAYS and FRIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handed my UK passport to agent in CM on 15/9 with no appointment etc and received new passport at agent 24/11.

I know I could have used the VFS office in CM but I like just dealing with my agent who does all my Immigration (legal) work for me.