More than seventy percent of people in Chonburi received Covid -19 vaccines, says MOPH

snoop1130

S__15097893-768x432.jpg

More than seventy percent of people in Chonburi have received a Covid – 19 vaccine, according to the Ministry of Public Health as of yesterday, October 27th, 2021.

According to the Ministry of Public Health Immunization Center, from February to October this year in total 2,047,621 residents from Chonburi have received vaccines. This number is based on the registered population who have their primary dwelling in Chonburi, those with housing registrations, etc.

However, in terms of total numbers of people who got a vaccine IN CHONBURI including non-registered, migrant workers, foreigners, etc, 1,648,956 of them have received their first dose which is 80.5 percent of the population and 1,284,303 of them have received their second dose which is 62.7 percent.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/10/28/more-than-seventy-percent-of-people-in-chonburi-received-covid-19-vaccines-says-moph/

PattayaNews.jpg

17 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

So fake headline

62.7% is not more than 70%

Not only that, 70% percent is no longer some magical number.

Everyone needs to be vaccinated to conquer this virus because of breakouts.

Also anyone taking the Chinese vaccines longer than 4 months ago is very susceptible to getting COVID-19.

23 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

So fake headline

62.7% is not more than 70%

Also I assume this does not cover "non-residents" whose Thai ID is still showing their home village in (eg) Issan.

But I do not know

Did you read the whole article?

Further down it says:

Yesterday (October 27th)  13,567 people in Chonburi have received a Covid-19 vaccine which is now in total 3,043,737 people who have had a vaccine in Chonburi at a total estimate of 71.09 percent of the entire Chonburi population, according to the MOPH.

If you count non-residents, the vaccination rate is even higher (it is in the article).

Pattaya (where most tourists will be going in Chonburi), is even higher.

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Not only that, 70% percent is no longer some magical number.

Everyone needs to be vaccinated to conquer this virus because of breakouts.

Also anyone taking the Chinese vaccines longer than 4 months ago is very susceptible to getting COVID-19.

Yeah, 90 percent should be the goal and that's the entire population not only registered locally. 

Fourth months out should still provide good protection against hospitalization and death.

That's the important part, protection against infection is secondary.

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

Did you read the whole article?

Further down it says:

Yesterday (October 27th)  13,567 people in Chonburi have received a Covid-19 vaccine which is now in total 3,043,737 people who have had a vaccine in Chonburi at a total estimate of 71.09 percent of the entire Chonburi population, according to the MOPH.

If you count non-residents, the vaccination rate is even higher (it is in the article).

Pattaya (where most tourists will be going in Chonburi), is even higher.

Vacinated means 2 (TWO) shots not one. The "article stated less than 70% with TWO (1+1) shots.

To yes I read it - did you?

Blah Blah

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, 90 percent should be the goal and that's the entire population not only registered locally. 

Fourth months out should still provide good protection against hospitalization and death.

That's the important part, protection against infection is secondary.

I don't think Thailand is ready for opening.

I don't trust the numbers they say have been vaccinated on top of total distrust of the Chinese vaccines and there ability.

It's going to be an interesting month or two to say the least.

I'm dying to go on holiday also but not literally.

I'm vaccinated with Pfeizer but still waiting on my wifes Moderna.

Enjoy your weekend!

Edited by MrJ2U

On 10/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, Jingthing said:

I agree, but this will take several more months, and by the time that achieve that goal, effectiveness has worn off for those that were vaccinated first, so they will require boosters, especially those with the Chinese vaccine.  

Thailand may not be able to get ahead of the virus with their current vaccination program. 

They will probably need more resources to give boosters before people lose vaccine protection.  

Just now, Leaver said:

I agree, but this will take several more months, and by the time that achieve that goal, effectiveness has worn off for those that were vaccinated first, so they will require boosters, especially those with the Chinese vaccine.  

Thailand may not be able to get ahead of the virus with their current vaccination program. 

They will probably need more resources to give boosters before people lose vaccine protection.  

My impression is that the government here has considered  70 per cent good enough. I see no evidence they're even trying for higher. Keep in mind there are anti vaxxers here too.

On 10/30/2021 at 8:38 PM, Jingthing said:

My impression is that the government here has considered  70 per cent good enough. I see no evidence they're even trying for higher. Keep in mind there are anti vaxxers here too.

Yes, it seems that way, which may come came to bite them.  

70% appeared to be acceptable in 2020 when the virus was first discovered, but now with Delta, and subsequent variants, 70% appears to be too little of the population vaccinated.