Jar / Jad On Phones

Hello,

It's pretty easy. Just send the program to your phone, either through Bluetooth or cable, it should show up in your message inbox. Click on it and it should start the install process.

There are many, many issues to sort out:

Is the game compatible with your phone?

Do you have enough room (memory) on your phone for the game?

Do you have the capability to access the phone's (connectivity, USB cable, Bluetooth, IrDA, etc.) file structure?

Take a closer look at the user's manual and any associated data connectivity software offered by either Samsung or the Bluetooth stack.

Typically the Bluetooth software allows rudimentary "file manager" capabilities so you could drag and drop the game into an appropriate file location on the phone. I do this often on Nokia Series 40 phones without a problem.

Well,

on the Nokia I had a special programme, allowing to me to access every directory on the phone. The PC suite given by Samsung, limits you to only Media related file, and the games directory is off limits.

I can sync my address book etc with the phone, but cannot access games directory

Surfed the net.....seems they really want you to upload anything through WAP portals only. Guess my next phone is not going to be a Samsung !

On my old O2, could manage what ever i wanted to, and also the Nokia.

Yes sadly most Samsung phones only supports OTA services (Over the air) for games and applications. Dont know why, makes you wonder if they are designing phones for end-users or operators?

Still a very good phone though!

If you havent found a wap service yet here is a free Thai version:

http://www.yozzo.com/wapuploader/

1. browse to the file on your computer and UPLOAD

2. go to wap.yozzo.com on your phone (wap or web)

3. click on the link WAP up and download

4. Look at the computer screen where you uploaded the file it will give you an id nr. XXXXX

5. on the phone put in the id nr from the computer it will download the file to your Samsung and should ask a couple of security questions and finally - do you want to install this file?

Now the second part of Samsung is that they might require both the .jar AND the .jad file

The .jad acts as a remote telling the phone to open the .jar.

While on other phones eg. Nokia and Sony Ericsson you can choose to just upload the .jar file.

Also I am not sure about the chess game isent it a windows mobile application?