Macro fruit and vege section has inconsistent pricing methods.

bbabythai

I have been taking my reusable bag to the markets for years and I also take a metal tiffin (see photo) to the night market to buy my curries. Every single time, they look at me like I'm completely crazy. The bag is better now that the concept of such at the super markets is understood (though not practiced much). One of my biggest annoyances is when they put something in a plastic bag....then, put that into another plastic bag. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 8.12.56 AM.png

Edited by JCP108
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, JCP108 said:

I also take a metal tiffin (see photo) to the night market to buy my curries. Every single time, they look at me like I'm completely crazy.

A "pinto" in Thai. But not used to take to the market in Asia. It would be packed at home.. Rice in the big pot, then veg, soup, and curries individually in the others. A unique style I must say.  One of a kind.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

For ultimate confusion try the pre packed beef pricing about 50 stickers outside the fridge that has not once in years of looking bore any resemblance to the pack in my hand or the price at the till ????

True that, luckily they are priced on that package again, isn't it?

Anyways, beef at macro is reasonably priced so it doesn't cost a fortune if you pick one of the "better" pieces

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, marin said:

A "pinto" in Thai. But not used to take to the market in Asia. It would be packed at home.. Rice in the big pot, then veg, soup, and curries individually in the others. A unique style I must say.  One of a kind.  

Yeah. I know it's a lunch pail. And, maybe that's why some people look at me funny (okay with me). But, it's stainless and very convenient for taking food out of the market without it being in a plastic bag. 

9 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Having been a Big C family for many years, my wife and I always use Makro now. The selection of fruit and veg there is much better and the prices are fine. We do occasionally find ourselves bar codeless at the checkout but the girl takes the item to a nearby scales and does the necessary. Incidentally there is a fine range of cheese in Makro.

I was shocked by how much cheese variety Makro has started to carry.  They had most of the cheeses on the list below, and a bunch more that were NOT on the list.  (This list just seems to be the cheeses supplied by https://www.jagota.com/)

makro-cheese.thumb.jpg.a04851ac35b52148d9404be6124143d1.jpg