Police launch investigation after tractor used to bury trash on beach in Cha Am

webfact

The typical Thai-way of cleaning beaches, garbage is dig down in the sand, nothing new; however most of it is organic stuff as plants, leaves and seaweed, but unfortunately also some plastic and other real garbage...

wDSC09473Cr_Beach-cleaning.jpg.1eab0c691c4863ba0ae2cea1d5a5317d.jpg

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

In the clip, the driver of the tractor can be seen filling a large hole with trash as three other people watch on.

Dont shoot the Tractor Driver.

He was only doing what he was told to do.

Probably by the 3 Bystanders, and the one on the left in the photo looks like he may be a Copper.

Edited by Cake Monster
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

wow  it takes one of  thailand s  most senior to deal with this, painful

Yes but he's asking local officers to do the investigation.....people investigating themselves usually tend not to find much.

• Like 1

I've suspected for years that all sorts of trash washes in from Koh Samet. I'd even go so far as to venture that all of those illegal enterprises on that island are taking the trash out to sea and throwing it into the tide. It's absolutely ruined Rayong and Ban Chang.

Another huge issue is fishing boats. Apparently there is absolutely nothing the Thai government can do to get these hapless fisherman from not throwing all of their garbage much of it quite dangerous like glass and syringes into the sea.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, sungod said:

The sad thing here is that these guys probably didnt know what they were doing is wrong.

I doubt that to be true, any person with two connected neurons understands that burying rubbish close to a waterway/source/beach will cause the detritus to be washed into or leach into the water. 

52 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I doubt that to be true, any person with two connected neurons understands that burying rubbish close to a waterway/source/beach will cause the detritus to be washed into or leach into the water. 

You'd be surprised............I have low expectations and seldom disappointed

• Haha 1

On 10/29/2021 at 7:13 AM, webfact said:

One of Thailand’s most senior police officers has ordered an investigation into an incident where a tractor was used to bury trash at a beach in Cha Am.

Pol. Gen. Roy said the incident is a serious one as the actions of those involved not only damage the environment but also harm the image of country, particularly at the time when Thailand is preparing to reopen to foreign tourists.

Same but different, Thailands penchant for burying things.

Sweeping under the carpet.jpg