Pastry

croftrobin

41 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

Villa Market often has Jus-Rol puff pastry. It's usually frozen, but occasionally they have it fresh.

Also, Some Big C markets occasionally, Foodland occasionally, Rimping (in Chiang Mai) always, Makro in Chiang Mai. 

Food halls in: Emporium, under Central, Paragon. 

Edited by scorecard

Makro usually has it.  Pack of 3 larger sheets, and also sells a pack of 10ish pre-cut square, and size will make a nice Danish, or turnover.  I use them quite often.  Less hassle than the sheets, unless you plan on making a Wellington.

• Like 1

I always bought my puff pastry from Makro (Rangsit). They sold it frozen and you had a choice of a large roll or 15cm squares. The squares were great for sausage rolls or turnovers. 12 squares were around 180baht. Sadly, I haven't seen them in-store for around 6 weeks.

• Like 1

At my local Makro, they moved them over to the bakery section of the store.  Freezer case there, as they use to be located elsewhere where the ice cream / frozen shredded cheeses / frozen fruits were, near the dairy part of the store's wares are.  Try looking there, and you'll find the heat & serve frozen dinner roll, baguettes there also.

Also thought they stopped stocking, but in true Thai fashion, simply rearranging where they put things.  Damn annoying at times.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 2

Panic over.

I went back to Makro today and it's just as you said.

Frozen puff pastry has been moved around the corner to the bakery section. They love to keep

us on our toes.

Will be making sausage rolls tomorrow.

• Haha 1