Vaccine Passport lost, where to get a new one? Actually, is it needed if travelling to the UK?

Neeranam

This is the latest guidance for travelling to the UK https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Travellers from Thailand have to produce a vaccination certificate, the "Yellow Vaccine Passport" isn't required, it isn't even mentioned, so I would doubt that it's better, this is the guidance:  https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

• Thanks 1

You will need your vaccination certificate to prove your vaccinated status to the airline.

If you cannot prove your fully vaccinated status using UK approved vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZenica, J&J) you will be required to show a negative PCR test to board, as well as prebooking and paying for day 2 and day 8 PCR tests in the UK. After arriving in the UK you would need to self isolate for 10 days.

Those who are fully vaccinated only have to prebook a day 2 lateral flow test.

Also, if you are coming back to Thailand you will need to be able to prove your vaccinated status to use the Test and Go scheme.

You should be able to get a new vaccination certificate from the hospital that vaccinated you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

You will need your vaccination certificate to prove your vaccinated status to the airline.

If you cannot prove your fully vaccinated status using UK approved vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZenica, J&J) you will be required to show a negative PCR test to board, as well as prebooking and paying for day 2 and day 8 PCR tests in the UK. After arriving in the UK you would need to self isolate for 10 days.

Those who are fully vaccinated only have to prebook a day 2 lateral flow test.

Also, if you are coming back to Thailand you will need to be able to prove your vaccinated status to use the Test and Go scheme.

You should be able to get a new vaccination certificate from the hospital that vaccinated you.

Thanks a lot, and also @theoldgit

It was a clinic near a temple, but will go and ask for a new one, if they are still there. 

That is useful, I don't need another vaccine, but need to self-isolate for 10 days. I can do this in my brothers holiday home in Ballater, or sister's in Cruden Bay, both near excellent golf courses.  I assume I could still play golf when self-isolating, or does this mean total isolation? How would they know?

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

That is useful, I don't need another vaccine, but need to self-isolate for 10 days.

What brand of vaccine did you receive, and was that one dose or two doses?

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I assume I could still play golf when self-isolating, or does this mean total isolation? How would they know?

You have to stay at your place of self isolation. If that is a private residence and you have a golf course in the garden, then you are fine. If you leave the curtilage of the property without a lawful reason then it's a fine of up to 10,000 pounds if you are caught.

Read here for information about how the government may check up on you:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/self-isolation-compliance-checks-after-international-travel#in-person-visits

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It was a clinic near a temple...

If the pop-up clinic has gone then you will have to go to the Ministry of Public Health. The vaccination records are in a central database, and your record should be linked to your passport number.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, blackcab said:

What brand of vaccine did you receive, and was that one dose or two doses?

You have to stay at your place of self isolation. If that is a private residence and you have a golf course in the garden, then you are fine. If you leave the curtilage of the property without a lawful reason then it's a fine of up to 10,000 pounds if you are caught.

Read here for information about how the government may check up on you:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/self-isolation-compliance-checks-after-international-travel#in-person-visits

I see, thanks again.  Could be an expensive game of golf! 

Edited by Neeranam

54 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One Sinovac, 1 Astra. 

Unfortunately the UK government does not yet recognise Sinovac. This means you would be classed as unvaccinated.

If you were able to get a Moderna booster shot and a yellow vaccine book listing all three vaccinations then you would have a very good case of presenting yourself as fully vaccinated.

This is just my opinion. You should definitely check this with your airline to see if a Moderna booster would wish in your favour should you wish to go that route.