Thais Talking In The Cinema

Begbie

Every time.

Some rude, ignorant Thai is either chatting away on their mobile phone or just enjoying a conversation with a friend whilst in the cinema.

My Thai gf says it never happens in a Thai movie, but it sure happens all the time in English ones.

Every time.

Some rude, ignorant Thai is either chatting away on their mobile phone or just enjoying a conversation with a friend whilst in the cinema.

My Thai gf says it never happens in a Thai movie, but it sure happens all the time in English ones.

You are implying that Thai people pay to go into an English language movie ignore the movie and talk to their friends and make calls, even Farangs are not that dumb !

Edited by Maigo6

We live about 800mtrs from the village open air cinema, and can hear the soundtrack very clearly, it goes on till about 2am 2 times a month and to me its tottally ofensive and damaging to young ears, if thais can use a mobile phone in this racket, i would find that very suprising.

But on another angle, Mrs and me were chatting the other day, just 1 2 1 , then this thai man stood between us, back to me and started talking to my mrs, she saw my expression just in time and told him to go quick!!

Manners maketh Man, {and woman}

Happens in Pattaya all the time. In fact I stopped going to the cinema here long ago, last movie I saw was "The Day After Tomorrow" which I almost walked out from due to Thai's talking endlessly on their mobile phones. My wife and kid still goes and tell me it still happens but not so often, i.e. only once or twice during the movie - which is enough that I still prefer my living room.

I've never had this kind of a problem. However, in my younger, rascal years, I'd go to the movies with a large group of friends (10-15 of us), and we'd be obnoxiously loud. Stupid, I know, but I was 13-14 and a rebelll :o

If you listen closely, many of them are asking each other for explanations and translations. Go to a subtitled movie anywhere and you'll notice the murmurs and whispering increase.

Every time.

Had it happen on a number of occasions in Pattaya - even laughing at who knows what :D  very disturbing to observe :o

Just yell "POOT MAAAK! PAI LOEI!"

IF they turn around, the farang is usually not the suspect. :o

Just yell "POOT MAAAK! PAI LOEI!"..... and quickly look at the Thai a few seats away, chances are everyone else will too. :D

I don't usually find people talking.. but what annoys me more are little kids.. :o

I agree, nothing more annoying. Especially when you find that, even when you think you'll be safe by watching a movie at 11pm, some idiots have still brought their kids along to the movies at that time. Of course, at 11 o'clock they're even more tired and irritable...

Watched a couple of Thai movies here and they had just as much chatter and mobile phone usage as in a farrang movie, by the way.

Edited by dantilley

Have only had it happen twice in memory, I just got up and asked them (one time was an elderly couple, and the other time a couple of kids) if they could lower the volume. Both sets apologized and were quiet for the rest of the movie. Both in BKK at Major Ratchayothin. That said, if you happen to run into local Yubamrung or Asavahame types out for a night at the movies, you might want to be ready for your head to explode in a spray of red mist if you ask them to be quiet in too rude a tone, better to be nice... :o

Nowadays though I tend to just wait for the official release or local "master" disc to come out and watch it at my condo or home on our mini-theater setups. Much better selection of snacks and no need to miss anything due to bathroom breaks. Fewer airborne germs too.

:D

Edited by Heng

I stopped going to the cinema, because of this.

Thai and foreign movies.

Same same.

Some have their phones on a low volume, but you still hear the key pad clicking all around you, and the small lights from the phones on and off.

But, it would not surprise me if this also happened in "Farang land" as well.

Every time.

Ignorant lot!

But I just remembered something that happened in a little Italian Village some years ago.

A mobile Cinema came to show a movie. It was there for a week. Virtually the whole village went every evening, so by the third performance they knew the plot and dialogue off by heart, and each time an actor opened his mouth to say a line, a member of the audience would say the line first, out loud.......and this went on throughout the whole Film.

It was hysterical!

Every time.

Well, I think your girlfriend is a bit incorrect. I haven't noticed any difference in behaviour even in Thai movies. People will still talk and chat on their cellphones. Especially in the funny Thai movies, there is much laughing and talking and remarking.

Every time.

What is it like at the cinemas in Cambodia then? ... oooops

Every time.

----------------------------

God forbid I ever said a word while my ex was watching one of her Thai movies.

She would get angry and tell me she was watching the movie, "shut up."

Or just ignore me... :o

Every time.

----------------------------

God forbid I ever said a word while my ex was watching one of her Thai movies.

She would get angry and tell me she was watching the movie, "shut up."

Or just ignore me... :o

nice gf.. :D

I stopped going to the cinema, because of this.

Thai and foreign movies.

Same same.

Some have their phones on a low volume, but you still hear the key pad clicking all around you, and the small lights from the phones on and off.

But, it would not surprise me if this also happened in "Farang land" as well.

--------------------------

Never, I mean never seen it here in San Diego.

We take our movies seriously at 12 bucks per ticket... :o

turn around and tell them to be quiet or to go speak outside usually works for me.

In anycase, it is getting a lot better. EGV Emporium/DTAC? even run an advert at the beginning of the movie, where the nerd boy with big ears and thick glasses is trying to chat up the cute girl sitting at the park bench. Basically, after trading a couple of funny insults (her to him: you have a head which looks like a fried dumpling :o ) she asks why he is so good. He turns around and tells her that he turns off his mobile phone during the movie, and she falls head over heals in love with him.

It is funny and it gets the message across.

Every time.

What is it like at the cinemas in Cambodia then? ... oooops

:o