Price PCR test Phuket airport

bokningar

I heard from some one one YouTube explaining the "Test and Go" that on Phuket, the test is done at the airport, not at the hotel you have to stay 1 night.

Is that right and if so, how much is the test at the airport?

Since it seams like the "spy app" is no longer a requirement, I think I might spend a few months in Thailand :biggrin:

• Confused 1

There has a been a great deal of confusion on this matter. 

As I understand it - the 1 night AQ ’Test & Go’ option is for Bangkok arrivals only. 

Phuket is not yet operating the 1 night test and go option. 

IF entering Phuket, the Sandbox option must be used, a 7 day stay at an SHA+ hotel is still required along with 2 PCR tests booked through PSAS. The first PCR test its taken at the Airport upon arrival, the second is taken at your chosen test site on day 5. 

Downloading the Mor Chana app is still a requirement. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 2

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

As I understand it - the 1 night AQ ’Test & Go’ option is for Bangkok arrivals only. 

IF entering Phuket, the Sandbox option must be used, a 7 day stay at an SHA+ hotel is still required along with 2 PCR tests booked through PSAS. The first PCR test its taken at the Airport upon arrival, the second is taken at your chosen test site on day 5. 

Now I'm really confused. 

Where did you read that the "Test and Go" only is for Bangkok?

If you have a link, I would be grateful if you cold post it.

On the Ministry of foreign airfares information about "Thailand Pass" point 3 under documentation it tells how to go about if you don't have a phone at all.

Must be hard to download an app without a phone.

Or do you mean that since "Test and Go" don't exist for Phuket, the "spy app " is still a must for Phuket arrivals?

• Confused 1

I think there was a lot of confusion due to the fact that Phuket caters for both the Sandbox and the no quarantine options, so people (myself included) were unsure as to what rules apply to whom. 

One point I forgot to mention was that I have also emailed PSAS prior to the announcement RE: the one RT-PCR about my options in terms of getting a refund on the second test once the new rule has been officially 'gazetted' and they said yes I would be entitled to a refund (costs 2800 for 2nd btw). But by the time I went to pay for it, they changed it to 1 test anyways (based on my entry as a UK citizen).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bokningar said:

I guess that I can go on the info that you can arrive without a phone as well then.

The phone app is still a requirement; although it seems they no longer want the ThailandPlus app but only the MorChana app.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, farang51 said:

The phone app is still a requirement; although it seems they no longer want the ThailandPlus app but only the MorChana app.

Impossible to get full and easy to understand info TIT

This what they now have on the Department of Consular Affairs web page.

But that might not be all anyhow. Nothing about any app.

I didn't even know that they had 2 apps 

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-traveler-journey?cate=5ddbe42115e39c4768007e1d

S__9986053.thumb.jpg.cb386bb9659fe2055d6777910feb6339.jpg

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

geeze ...... what a cluster f#**    So the Phuket sandbox still requires 7 days in a SHA+   hotel,  2x tests ..   !!!

and do they want a stool sample   ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:
5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

geeze ...... what a cluster f#**    So the Phuket sandbox still requires 7 days in a SHA+   hotel,  2x tests ..   !!!

and do they want a stool sample   ?

I may well have been mistaken...  but my understanding was SHA+ 7 nights hotel is still the requirement for entry to Phuket and the 2x PCR tests has now been changed to 1 arrival PCR test and an Antigen Test. 

Has anyone been able to find Packages for 1 Night ’Test & Go’ arrivals in Phuket ???? If so, then we have the answer and I am mistaken, if not, I fear I may be correct

(my information is via my Wife who’s friend is well placed but as we all know its very easy for information to be misunderstood as it gets passed along).

3 hours ago, Salerno said:

Thailand Plus was a failed app that nobody used. 

Thailand Plus was a requirement upon entry / arrival at Bangkok and required a CoE code. Whereas the Mor Chana was the requirement for entry to Phuket (International and domestic arrivals). 

At least there is some level of consistency now and using just the one App - If they could also link the Vaccine data so the App also show vaccine status the App would be much better. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, farang51 said:

I used it March/April this year. Back then, it was a requirement to enter Thailand.

21 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thailand Plus was a requirement upon entry / arrival at Bangkok and required a CoE code. Whereas the Mor Chana was the requirement for entry to Phuket (International and domestic arrivals). 

Thanks gents, I sit corrected. For some reason I was under the impression MorChana superseded Thailand Plus.

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I may well have been mistaken...  but my understanding was SHA+ 7 nights hotel is still the requirement for entry to Phuket

I think it's just the hotels slow in getting their packages out:

Vice Governor Pichet [Phuket] ... He also countered that from Nov 1, inbound tourists are required to stay at a SHA+ hotel for only one night. “The rest of the time they can choose to stay at other accommodation venues,” he said.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-small-business-operators-call-for-sha-to-be-cancelled-81869.php

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Salerno said:

I think it's just the hotels slow in getting their packages out:

Slow indeed, as they are still hoping that ppl will take a 7 day package IMO.

But it is impossible at this stage to find any site that publishes any Phuket Hotels offering the "Test & Go" deal.  The bit that scares me is the transport to the Hotel and the ATK also being provided by the Hotel, I can just see the IO at the airport refusing my entry if that's not documented for me to show them.

I'm not even thinking of going to Thailand until this mystery is cleared up

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, steevjee said:

Slow indeed, as they are still hoping that ppl will take a 7 day package IMO.

But it is impossible at this stage to find any site that publishes any Phuket Hotels offering the "Test & Go" deal.

It is strange they haven't published any packages, even Pattaya only had about 8 last time I looked. Perhaps they realise there's not that much of a hurry needed.