Thailand reopening: There are no foreigners and no foreign flights at all - at least in the north

webfact

16 hours ago, 10baht said:

Remember when all domestic flights were cancelled a few months ago? I am still waiting on my refund, Good luck with "...refund on the way,..."

Received it today, in the form of credits, which I used from another cancellation, (When the last flights where cancelled, as you stated), no problem with Air Asia, may be a different story for cash refunds though. Cheers.

• Like 1

They showed Pattaya and Kao San road on the news this morning. It was a report from last evening with most venues still closed. A restaurant owner discussed the silly 9 PM stopping of alcohol. People finish work at 6, go home shower and change to go out, arrive by 8pm and have to take their bottle home with them....

On 11/1/2021 at 11:57 AM, SmartyMarty said:

Get rid of the insurance scam, open the bars and clubs........you'll get the tourists back even if it is gradually.

Well the thing is they do not want “normal” tourists like before.

They want the super-rich only, who they believe will be attracted to walking down the street with closed shops, dangerous smelly sidewalks and watch food-lines for the poor.

Bars, Clubs, Alcohol and other fun stuff is only for the poor it seems.

35 minutes ago, khunpa said:

Well the thing is they do not want “normal” tourists like before.

They want the super-rich only, who they believe will be attracted to walking down the street with closed shops, dangerous smelly sidewalks and watch food-lines for the poor.

Bars, Clubs, Alcohol and other fun stuff is only for the poor it seems.

Smelly sidewalks..   no they have great and well paid for sewage here

9 hours ago, superal said:

If this high season fails it will be because of calculated government actions and probably the end of mass tourism to Thailand  cos the government want  a wealthier clientele .

Me too ........... tourists get in my way at immigration.

• Haha 1

but the ones who ventured to come will be faced with huge price increases on anything and everything, inflation it's taking over.... went to the market price for vegetables and other dair(l)y  all went up, it appears  taxis, gas, massage as well and should expect same from the scamers as they need to recover from their losses

Same as Hua Hin hotels there are NO FLIGHTS TO CNX----thats where I stay and I WISH i could fly there to ASQ and test

I have to go thru BKK and pay 4000 for a Hotel-test by swampy airport---dangit

I wanted to be able to transit and just get to CNX and chill in that final spot...nope..mai dai..cannot!

Just saw I will arrive in BKK on Loy Kratong -so hoping at least somchai picks me up at airport

No issues with Thai pass---took pic of passport with phone--screenshots of hotel in bkk and insurance

Was a "success" and got the email saying waiting for approval and the Holy Grail QR code

Hope to clear BKK and jump back to swampy for a hop to CNX.......(fingers crossed).....