Thailand reopening: There are no foreigners and no foreign flights at all - at least in the north

webfact

I think the front-end of the trip is so arduous for anyone, nevermind the 1 night hotel.

They have one infographic out there, but generally on the steps

the official site is a hodgepodge of steps all in text.

They need to convey the steps to entry in an easier visual manner.

They take 2nd from India in bureaucractic nightmarish ever-changing rules.

7 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

I give it two weeks tops, about 15 days until they start dropping the ASQ/SHA bullsh!t, THEN and only THEN people will start flying in again... eventually.

But even if they drop that <deleted>, people will wait to be sure they won't change again later.

We cannot rely on what they announce.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I thought people just arrived, got their VOA and extended it at the IO?

What type of visa are they applying for, Non-0?

I think TV or Non-O. But no matter wich one, you won't get an appointment in different countries right now. All slots fully booked.

7 hours ago, smedly said:

It has been repeated on here for weeks that very few foreign tourists are willing to put up with their nonsense requirements that seem to be designed to gouge money before anyone sets foot in Thailand never mind when when they arrive.

Think again Prayuth 

Take a long hard look at "Green" requirements in the UK and you might get some idea of how it should be done 

Oh and Thailand is not open - popular  tourist destinations like Pattaya are 90% shut and shuttered with no sign of that changing any time soon.

And I ordered a beer with my lunch today, 1 November. Sorry, forbidden

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mancub said:

What percentage of 'Tourists' do you believe can holiday for more than 30days ? Obviously millions from numerous places!

Tens of thousands of snowbirds from pre covid times for example. And if there was not huge interest in such visas, it would be easy to get applying appointments.

But ok, no Westerners want to come back to Thailand, TV and Non-O do not exist and the world is flat ????

8 hours ago, smedly said:

It has been repeated on here for weeks that very few foreign tourists are willing to put up with their nonsense requirements that seem to be designed to gouge money before anyone sets foot in Thailand never mind when when they arrive.

Think again Prayuth 

Take a long hard look at "Green" requirements in the UK and you might get some idea of how it should be done 

Oh and Thailand is not open - popular  tourist destinations like Pattaya are 90% shut and shuttered with no sign of that changing any time soon.

And the Thailand pass has crashed already.

What I fail to understand is why Thai tourist "leaders" don't go on travel forums to get a feel for what tourist are thinking the cost benefit ratio of going to Thai is a negative there are better cheaper places to go just getting their is a pain add the taxi's, quarantine overpriced testing etc. it just isn't worth it unless you are desperate. "Saving Face" is what holds Thailand back,  A millionaire I know lost his business but he dealt with it with dignity he could have lied and no one would have said anything But he didn't lie to himself like a lot of Thai's do. I wont be returning till these silly requirements get cancelled. You would have thought that any smart country would have used this down time to get their tourist sector sorted out, Get rid of the rip offs, Taxi's, double pricing, clean the streets and fix the street flooding, get the airport straightened out etc. But it seems Thailand moved in reverse. Are the leaders of Thailand so obtuse they can't see what is going on around them. They miss this high season for tourist and it will be a very long year for a lot of people, But it isn't like the rich every cared for the poor thai's anyway they were just something to be used and exploited.

Thailand wants to be a high value tourist country I spend $4.5K a trip average Yet when I go there nothing is ever right Long lines on entry, indifferent immigration agent slow walking your entry, slow baggage,  I have yet to stay in a hotel room that is correct 1st time out or not get sick from food, wealthy travelers wont put up with this or their other nonsense  I want to return why do they make this so hard there are so many other places I can go and in December I will be going to them 

• Like 2

80% of people unfortunately come for the nights (drink, drugs, sex ...)

Thailand only wants quality tourists so only the other 20%.

That 20% will not spend more than they did in 2019.

The tourism industry will collapse.

(If the 80% bothers you put 70% or 60% but the result will be the same.)

Edited by vVDB
English

8 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

There we go, as I said in another thread; Massive loss of face incoming.

I give it two weeks tops, about 15 days until they start dropping the ASQ/SHA bullsh!t, THEN and only THEN people will start flying in again... eventually.

I doubt that, long haul holidays require some planning in advance not a few weeks before the Christmas season, if they haven't got their <deleted> together now then the main holiday season is dead already. Add to that that the financial situation of many westerners (especially the Brits with higher taxation and higher mortgages and rents in the offing) will deter many from taking a winter holiday at all.

8 hours ago, hioctane said:

I suspect more will be flying into areas with alcohol first. How can you realistically reopen to the world without reopening domestically?

Realistically, no, but since when have TAT and the government here ever dealt in reality?

• Like 2