Thailand reopening: There are no foreigners and no foreign flights at all - at least in the north

webfact

Well, the alien dirty farang cannot be switched on and off at the likings of the semi-divine Khon Thai mental farts! But call Prawatch and his goons in Bangkok for advice; they seem to know exactly on how to ruin the country completely. 

Good luck to all of you still dreaming of being the chosen people in the promised land of Siam! 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think the "us westerners will not come back" songs from people who want Thailand to pay the bill for treating us as dirty farang are wishful thinking.

Have a look at the appointment systems of thai embassies and consulates in different countries: Waiting lists for two months and more to apply for a visa.

"We" will be back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Jiggo said:

Message from Air Asia today, my flight cancelled from Pattaya /UTP in December...refund on way, so plan B it is.

Remember when all domestic flights were cancelled a few months ago? I am still waiting on my refund, Good luck with "...refund on the way,..."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

Hmm, perhaps the gleeful respondents TAT identified in their polls assumed that Thailand reopening didn't involve quarantine hotels and closed entertainment venues?

Or the provincial health official stating it's in critical condition...?

5 hours ago, NanaSomchai said:

There we go, as I said in another thread; Massive loss of face incoming.

I give it two weeks tops, about 15 days until they start dropping the ASQ/SHA bullsh!t, THEN and only THEN people will start flying in again... eventually.

Actually people will start coming when Thailand is no longer 99pct DRY and you can have some nightlife. 

• Like 1

I recommend to these Generals that, apart from looking at their navels, they read and update themselves on the news in the world, how the COVID crisis has reduced the income of potential tourists. How international tourism is changing,

And above all I recommend to them, look at the world geographic map and observe how many countries with paradisiacal beaches there are in the world.

They wanted quality tourists, billionaires, not backpackers, not dirty falangos ... what you claim, you already got it… 0 TURIST,  by now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think same thing in all other places, total flop.

With Phuket Sandbox, TAT was announcing confirmed bookings into hundreds of thousands even 2 weeks prior to opening.

This time round, not a single word out of TAT, ie hardly any reservations

Also interesting to note, and to my personal surprise, all the international hotel chains that closed before, remained closed (Pattaya area) 7-11 stores remained closed and no new or rushed activities took place.

The new rules seem to be easy to follow and comply with and pretty much in line with other countries, i can only see the reason for total failure is bars being closed, which kind of proves the reason why so many visit Thailand.

Once bars and clubs allowed to resume trading, i have a feeling bookings will start to roll in at a very fast pace

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

A visa? What type of visa?

Tourists from the West don't need a visa do they?

If you want to stay more than 30 days you do. And fact is, that you cannot get an appointment for an application right now in numerous EU countries.

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Partenavia said:

There seems to be the assumption that you make entry complicated, and tourists assume it's in their best interests, to protect them. Instead potential tourists see it all, and go somewhere else. 

Right.  A vacation is suppose to be fun--not complicated work.

• Like 2