Thailand reopening: 9pm booze ban in certain areas could be lifted by mid-November

webfact

10 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

It's a scientific plus that open air environments are not regarded as a major source of infection.

The food and animal markets I saw in China were most certainly a likely source of infections!

On 11/6/2021 at 6:45 AM, jacko45k said:

The food and animal markets I saw in China were most certainly a likely source of infections!

Wern't they undercover, like some markets in Thailand. Pictures I saw on TV? 

As for Thailand, I'm talking about the open air markets in fields off the road, where fresh air can circulate. Apparently, Covid doesn't like that environment - same as sitting on a beach.  

I would bet a pound to a penny that the Thai shopping malls and major food stores like Big C, Lotus and Makro open to hundreds of people are venues where there would be a far greater risk.

Just now, stephenterry said:

As for Thailand, I'm talking about the open air markets in fields off the road, where fresh air can circulate. Apparently, Covid doesn't like that environment - same as sitting on a beach.  

Most markets I am familiar with here may have roofs over them to keep the rain and sun off, but are open sided rather than enclosed buildings. The walking space is usually quite narrow to allow more stalls, and it is impossible to maintain distance between people. They can be stifling places......

I certainly see this type of environment as likely to spread Covid. 

• Sad 1