Covid Insurance for Thailand Pass

baz69er

Does anyone know what problems I might have when applying for the Thailand Pass regarding Covid Insurance? I've found a decent insurance cover in the UK that covers my needs for 3 months including Covid, the policy states (Emergency medical and Repatriation Cover for emergency medical expenses and repatriation (returning to the UK) are included if you catch COVID-19 while you're away. This will be included as part of your medical cover limits) which is £20m 

I've read that most are rejected because of the insurance, does it specifically have to worded Covid Insurance up to $50k on the policy or will they understand this & except it?

Sounds like a silly question but you never know & i want to be prepared......

Thanks in Advance...

Baz

•  

Copyright 2002 - 2021 ASEANNOW.com | Tessanet Limited

• Like 1

I got the AXA cover including the asymptomatic cover, and it's states on the certificate 50,000$ cover, did not want to take the risk on the thailandpass.

I will get UK travel insurance as well for my own piece of mind but only suit the AXA on the pass.

Waiting to hear back from hotel, had to supply flight E-ticket, vaccine certificate, insurance, and photo of passport ????, just as many documents just for the hotel.

I'll start my Thaipass when I get the hotel fully booked.

Edited by UKPaul67

Yeh same here, i got the AXA insurance, it was a bit more than a quote I got here in the U.K & I don't think the cover is as good, but like you, I don't want any hold ups with the thailand pass, I would suggest to anyone booking an ASQ hotel to enquire as many in your price range & except the first one that replies as they are pretty slow in getting back to you especially if your in a rush.....

Baz

On 11/7/2021 at 8:57 PM, UKPaul67 said:

I got the AXA cover including the asymptomatic cover, and it's states on the certificate 50,000$ cover, did not want to take the risk on the thailandpass.

I will get UK travel insurance as well for my own piece of mind but only suit the AXA on the pass.

Waiting to hear back from hotel, had to supply flight E-ticket, vaccine certificate, insurance, and photo of passport ????, just as many documents just for the hotel.

I'll start my Thaipass when I get the hotel fully booked.

Was the asymptomatic cover included? Or did you have to contact them for this ? as I have also taken out my covid insurance with them & cant see it anywhere in the policy.......

Cheers

Baz

I looked at other policies too, and Cigna seems cheap, but again no mention of asymptomatic cover. 

Also I don't know how much cover I need. I have a non-immigrant 'O' 90 day visa, single entry. I will arrive about the 25th of November, but not sure exactly and double jabbed but not fully vaccinated (no choice, so AQ, although I may well be fully vaxxed during the 10 days). I will be leaving again within 30 days though.

My questions are: do I need insurance cover for the whole 90 days of my visa although I will only stay for about 30? Do I need separate policies for each trip? Or can I get a Thai-approved Covid-19 policy that will cover me for the whole period - Thailand, Malaysia and back to Thailand again? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2021 at 7:27 PM, baz69er said:

Was the asymptomatic cover included? Or did you have to contact them for this ? as I have also taken out my covid insurance with them & cant see it anywhere in the policy.......

Cheers

Baz

Sorry late reply I contacted them via Line app, and they gave me a list of hotels and the hospitals cover in the policy, and also stated asymptomatic cover included.