non o single entry

Can anyone explain to me what exactly are they asking for regarding question 8 on the application form for a non o visa.

the question reads.....

please upload a residence permit in a country which visa applications submitted [in case that applicants not a national of the country in which visa application is submitted]

I am in UK applying for non o single entry and we do not have residence permits here so I am confused.

could it possibly be they want proof of where I live as in mortgage statement?.

They need to know that you are a resident of the country where you are applying from. 

For instance, we are going to Greece in a few months, on my way back if I need to ve a visa to get back , I have to get it from the US where I am a resident and not from Greece where I am not. 

So , as said by tonray above , your passport would be fine. and would show that you are indeed a resident of the UK. 

I'm not sure which country you're asking about, as you've posted your question for those seeking advice about visas and migration from Thailand.

I'm guessing you're asking about a Non O visa for Thailand, so I'll move your question to that forum.

Do let me know if I've guessed wrong. 

2 hours ago, blueeyes said:

Not sure I agree with passport because they ask for that twice already 1st one being to simply upload it and second time upload a pic of me holding my passport. surely they don't want a 3rd 

You will just need to upload a copy of your passport photo page if you are a citizen of the country where you are applying for the visa.

3 hours ago, blueeyes said:

upload a residence permit in a country which visa applications submitted [in case that applicants not a national of the country in which visa application is submitted]

Example; you're applying for a Thai visa while you're in a country that you're not a citizen of.

A US citizen in the UK applying for a Thai visa would have to upload the permit allowing him into the UK.

• Like 1