65,000 monthly transfer using Wise

I have been using Wise to transfer 65,000 per month since February .

When I transfer the funds to my Bangkok bank I always select the reason for transfer as  "long term stay in Thailand". Its never been a problem as all my monthly transfers to date have shown up as International Transfers. 

All my transfers have been sent using the main Wise website from my laptop , but this month I want to start using the Wise app on my phone as my laptop as broke.

The trouble I am having is when I use the phone app its different , it does not seem to have the dropdown box to allow me to give the reason for the transfer.

So at the moment I have not made the November transfer in fear it will not show up as a International Transfer.

I wondered if any others have had this problem when using the phone app.

I pay my rent every month with Wise on iPhone and the drop-down is there -- and required -- every time, been doing it since March.

However -- take note that the whole business model of something like Wise is that you are *not* in fact making an international transfer.  Wise is making a local transfer in Thailand on your behalf.  Definitely not the same thing, though for most purposes it doesn't make any difference.

I'm pretty sure they just collect the "reason" data for their anti-money-laundering compliance.  Presumably make a big not-at-all-anonymized data dump available to the government on demand, and I guess if the government sees you spending ten million baht a month on "rent" maybe they look into it.

• Like 1