My Succesful Personal Experience

I came to thailand with a 90 days VISA exemption, wich means only a stamp in my passport, no need of VISA application in any embassy. 8 days before my 90 days in the kingdom finished, I went to Cambodia, and the following things happened=

1 - Get my stamp out of thailand.

2 - Walk to Cambodia...as I have farang face, the people that ''helps'' the tourist people to make the VISA started annoying me and telling me what to do following me all the way...as I said ''no thanks, I will do it by myself'' he called a Cambodian officer to hold me back (work together = eat together)

3 - They made me sit down before getting to cambodian inmigration, and started asking for money = 1500 baht for VISA issue, 1000 baht for cambodian stamp (in and out). I knew they were robbing me, as I was told the whole process was around 1000 baht only, but against an officer, what could I do more than pay?

4 - Stay there talking with the ''helpers'', waited 20 minutes, fill some paperwork about VISA, given a picture of myself, and got my passport with both stamps (in and out cambodia).

5 - Go to thai inmigration again, give 200 baht tip to the annoying men that keep on following me, give my passport, get another 90 days with visa exemption stamp, enter thailand again.

So, I got 180 days in a 180 days period...no ticket with flight between the next 30 days that I had to show, nothing, no questions, just stamp....What about the rules?

Maybe because argentina has a special treatment with thailand, but as I was told and checked before, NOBODY can stay more than 90 days in a 180 days period with no visa...so what happened? I REALLY REALLY DON'T KNOW...the only thing that I know is that I was lucky enough, and in some days I will be changing my visa to non b, and staying in the land of smiles for at least, some more little time...

Good luck to all of you...

Argentina, along with four other countries is allowed 90 day stays and is not subject to the 90 days in six month rule.

What are the other countries?

Brazil, Chili, Peru and South Korea

They are listed in the Visa Permissions list from pinned item at top of forum

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97697

They have the same deal for Thais who visit those countries. You'd have to wonder how many Thais would travel to South America.

Edited by tropo

Argentina, along with four other countries is allowed 90 day stays and is not subject to the 90 days in six month rule.

What are the other countries?

Brazil, Chili, Peru and South Korea

They are listed in the Visa Permissions list from pinned item at top of forum

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=97697

Sweet Deal leanester! :o:D