Shaba ID from Hotel

SmileUK

Hello, I'm coming to Phuket under the Test and Go scheme.

I've booked a hotel in Phuket and also Covid-19 test at the airport. However hotel has issued booking confirmation with a message they will send SHABA ID "soon". Without this code I can't proceed wuthtje Thailand Pass application. 

It's been 24 hours and no shaba ID as yet. Does anyone know why this is not sent at the same time as the booking or why it would take the hotel some time to create a shaba ID for the booking? The hotel is definitely an SHA+ hotel. 

I've asked the hotel again but they just say I will get the shaba code "soon". 

Thanks

i have same concern -  no SHABA ID as per example on thaiest site. can anyone confirm whether it is required for Thailand Pass? l  have SHA hotel booking confirmation stating 1 night quarantine package confirming airport pickup and PCR test which i have already uploaded to Thailand Pass registration and now waiting for the TP QR CODE.  i have emailed hotel as to their processes re this matter but no response as yet.

9 minutes ago, Bvor said:

i have same concern -  no SHABA ID as per example on thaiest site. can anyone confirm whether it is required for Thailand Pass? l  have SHA hotel booking confirmation stating 1 night quarantine package confirming airport pickup and PCR test which i have already uploaded to Thailand Pass registration and now waiting for the TP QR CODE.  i have emailed hotel as to their processes re this matter but no response as yet.

Is your hotel in Bangkok or Phuket ?

In genreal:

SHA+ hotels are in Phuket - a PSAS Booking is also for PCR tests (on arrival).

AQ Hotels are in Bangkok - The PCR test is included in the package (AQ hotels are partnered with hospitals).

IF you have submitted your Thailand Pass application and have received an e-mail verification then you are simply waiting for approval from Thailand Pass. This has nothing to do with the hotel.

The ‘other’ thread highlights how the Thailand Pass system has been extremely buggy and problematic since roll out. IF you are not travelling for another few weeks there is plenty of time to receive the approval.

As per the OP: the SHABA code from the hotel is needed to submit the PSAS PCR test booking so that he can submit his application for the Thailand Pass.

The hotel have to ‘apply for the SHABA Certificate (its an online system I think) - but it shouldn’t take more than 24 hours - Hopefully the OP will get his certificate today. 

IF he is not travelling for another few weeks there is plenty of time (I know this plays on peoples minds - but its the nature of the beast at the moment). 

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is your hotel in Bangkok or Phuket ?

In genreal:

SHA+ hotels are in Phuket - a PSAS Booking is also for PCR tests (on arrival).

AQ Hotels are in Bangkok - The PCR test is included in the package (AQ hotels are partnered with hospitals).

IF you have submitted your Thailand Pass application and have received an e-mail verification then you are simply waiting for approval from Thailand Pass. This has nothing to do with the hotel.

The ‘other’ thread highlights how the Thailand Pass system has been extremely buggy and problematic since roll out. IF you are not travelling for another few weeks there is plenty of time to receive the approval.

As per the OP: the SHABA code from the hotel is needed to submit the PSAS PCR test booking so that he can submit his application for the Thailand Pass.

The hotel have to ‘apply for the SHABA Certificate (its an online system I think) - but it shouldn’t take more than 24 hours - Hopefully the OP will get his certificate today. 

IF he is not travelling for another few weeks there is plenty of time (I know this plays on peoples minds - but its the nature of the beast at the moment). 

my hotel booking is 1/12/21 with sunshine hip hotel in pattaya (SHA+) such accreditation is pursuant to Thailand Pass requirements. given that the hotel never provided me with a SHABA ID am i to assume that the booking number is the SHABA ID (via online system)? if not and i get rejected will have to start again when i'm provided with a SHABA ID.    

5 minutes ago, Bvor said:

my hotel booking is 1/12/21 with sunshine hip hotel in pattaya (SHA+) such accreditation is pursuant to Thailand Pass requirements. given that the hotel never provided me with a SHABA ID am i to assume that the booking number is the SHABA ID (via online system)? if not and i get rejected will have to start again when i'm provided with a SHABA ID.    

Does your hotel booking include the PCR test and Transport from the Airport to the hotel ?

Sunshine Hip Hotel in Pattaya is also a registered AQ hotel (thus - when applying use the AQ option not SHA+)  it should be including the PCR test and Airport Transfer in the booking.  

Thus: just use the Booking Reference number the hotel provides with the booking conformation and submit a JPEG of the booking conformation as reference (no need for SHABA cert).

You have plenty of time...

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does your hotel booking include the PCR test and Transport from the Airport to the hotel ?

Sunshine Hip Hotel in Pattaya is also a registered AQ hotel (thus - when applying use the AQ option not SHA+)  it should be including the PCR test and Airport Transfer in the booking.  

Thus: just use the Booking Reference number the hotel provides with the booking conformation and submit a JPEG of the booking conformation as reference (no need for SHABA cert).

TP already applied for via SHA option. uploaded hotel booking confirmation states 1 night quarantine package including airport pickup and hotel covid pcr test. i have plenty of time if TP rego system doesn't get any worse. interesting to see whether the booking reference is the SHABA ID.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, SmileUK said:

Shaba ID now received from hotel. Took about 24 hours. 

I've now submitted the Thailand Pass application amd hoping gor no problems with that ????

bit late to the party, but the whole system had a bit of a hissy fit in the last few days due to the total number of applications. 

On 11/6/2021 at 10:10 AM, Bvor said:
On 11/6/2021 at 9:57 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Expand  

TP already applied for via SHA option. uploaded hotel booking confirmation states 1 night quarantine package including airport pickup and hotel covid pcr test. i have plenty of time if TP rego system doesn't get any worse. interesting to see whether the booking reference is the SHABA ID.

IF you are applying to do the 1 night Test and Go in Bangkok there is no SHABA ID - just the booking Ref from the hotel can be used.

The only reason I can think of for this is that there may be ’spot checks’ carried out and some AQ hotels are contacted for verification of a guests booking. 

The SHABA ID is specifically to apply for Phuket Sandbox and is required for the PSAS PCR test booking. 

Edited by richard_smith237

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF you are applying to do the 1 night Test and Go in Bangkok there is no SHABA ID - just the booking Ref from the hotel can be used.

i have a booking with SHA+ hotel in pattaya as previously posted. however when i did a print of the booking confirmation the SHA+ logo was inadvertantly cropped out and uploaded to Thailand Pass application. Registration was 5/12 with no further response to date. i am concerned that as such a Thailand Pass QR Code will not be granted. 

5 hours ago, Bvor said:

i have a booking with SHA+ hotel in pattaya as previously posted. however when i did a print of the booking confirmation the SHA+ logo was inadvertantly cropped out and uploaded to Thailand Pass application. Registration was 5/12 with no further response to date. i am concerned that as such a Thailand Pass QR Code will not be granted. 

Make a backup Plan B application with exactly the same information but chose the Alternative Quarantine option, rather than test and go. 

15 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Make a backup Plan B application with exactly the same information but chose the Alternative Quarantine option, rather than test and go. 

choose the wrong option to get the right result........ i don't get it. what is the reasoning? the applicant is test and go eligible and the pattaya hotel is SHA+ accredited..... easily confirmed by MFA on their own links if they checked. TIT nit picking worries me but  will wait for result (13/11 = 7 days) and if not approved then consider the AQ check box option for second application. hotel and flight paid for 1/12.      

7 minutes ago, Bvor said:
57 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

choose the wrong option to get the right result........ i don't get it. what is the reasoning?

The reasoning is that it works... thats it. 

Applying via the Alternative Quarantine option (Option 3 on first page) has returned an instant approval and QR code from Thailand Pass when using exactly the same documentation (i.e. 1 night test and go AQ hotel package).

This is a Plan B just incase the primary application is not approved in time. 

the applicant is test and go eligible and the pattaya hotel is SHA+ accredited..... easily confirmed by MFA on their own links if they checked. TIT nit picking worries me but  will wait for result (13/11 = 7 days) and if not approved then consider the AQ check box option for second application. hotel and flight paid for 1/12.      

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
15 minutes ago, Bvor said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

choose the wrong option to get the right result........ i don't get it. what is the reasoning?

Expand  Expand  

Applying via the Alternative Quarantine option (Option 3 on first page) has returned an instant approval and QR code from Thailand Pass when using exactly the same documentation (i.e. 1 night test and go AQ hotel package).

ok, AQ check box for test and go gives instant QR Code approval............ way to go next reg'n. thx for your input. 

3 minutes ago, Bvor said:

ok, AQ check box for test and go gives instant QR Code approval............ way to go next reg'n. thx for your input. 

forgot to add.........THAIEST website states that SHA+ and AQ are both test and go. on that basis my previous comment about AQ being a wrong option was incorrect. 

25 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
36 minutes ago, Bvor said:

Expand  Expand  

Expand  

No... Not the check box....  at the start of the Application...  (see attached pic below). 

Use this option as a Plan B - it ’should’ return instant Approval and QR Code (or it did for many people up to a couple of days ago) - Its an imperfect solution to a flawed system, but it gets you ‘in the door’ if all else fails. 

Additionally - On arrival at suvarnabumi this morning my Thailand Pass QR code was scanned (the Test and Go one), but after that I was free to pass Immigration, collect bags and walk out into arrivals to take my hotel transport.

It seems there is no check to ensure people who have applied to Thailand Pass with via the Alternate Quarantine Route are actually going to carry out 10 days quarantine. 

That said, ensure you have applied the correct way... as a Plan A - its likely your Thailand Pass will arrive, but if it doesn’t you have a back up. 

2005614643_Screenshot2021-11-04at22_37_43.thumb.png.aedc86fd6d6a92d5da08653f198558d3.png

5 minutes ago, Bvor said:
13 minutes ago, Bvor said:

forgot to add.........THAIEST website states that SHA+ and AQ are both test and go. on that basis my previous comment about AQ being a wrong option was incorrect. 

Be careful with SHA+ bookings on agoda - many of them may not be approved AQ hotels.

I also noticed that while the Initial booking I held was for the Swisshotel SHA+  they didn’t respond to my e-mailed enquiry two weeks ago about a booking for today (9th Nov). I rebooked elsewhere due to their lack of response. 

Additionally, the Swisshotel SHA status seems to have been downgraded from SHA+ to SHA....  of course, they made no attempt to inform me of this either.

1181206279_Screenshot2021-11-09at18_57_31.png.f3b59e5424d4939d9578eff0fa05c11f.png

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 19.00.53.png

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 19.01.36.png

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No... Not the check box....  at the start of the Application...  (see attached pic below). 

thx for the correction. the plot thickens THAIEST state that AQ is also test and go ie 1 night whereas the application states AQ plan is for 10 nights. if AQ has been successfully used as 1 night test and go i will also use. i booked direct online with Sunshine Hip Hotel who are confirmed on THAIEST as SHA+ and AQ but have got nowhere with them re my SHABA ID query (which maybe i don't need). everything is as clear as mud as per usual TIT.  

thx for the correction. the plot thickens THAIEST state that AQ is also test and go ie 1 night whereas the application states AQ plan is for 10 nights.

You are supposed to apply via Option 1 : Exemption from Quarantine (Test and Go) which is one night - but a lot of people did not get a QR code (the Thailand Pass / QR Code states ‘Quarantine Exempt’).

Thus, when applying via Option 3 : Alternative Quarantine which is 10 nights, you can still submit the same documents as for option 1 (ie. 1 night test and go booking) and still receive an instant valid QR code (in most cases) which states, 'Alternative Quarantine'. This is a Plan B if you are getting nowhere with Plan A. 

Still make sure you have submitted an Option 1 : Exemption from Quarantine (Test and Go)  application, as this is the ‘correct method’ of application - IMO its good to have the Plan B in your back pocket if you are getting concerned. 

Thai news has stated that Thailand Pass now states that all applications should be approved within 3 days - I’m not sure if this is yet the case.

if AQ has been successfully used as 1 night test and go i will also use. i booked direct online with Sunshine Hip Hotel who are confirmed on THAIEST as SHA+ and AQ but have got nowhere with them re my SHABA ID query (which maybe i don't need). everything is as clear as mud as per usual TIT.  

SHABA codes are for the Phuket Sandbox and booking the PSAS PCR tests - they are not used for the Bangkok Test and Go packages. 

For ‘Quarantine Exempt arrival (1 night ‘Test and Go’) in Bangkok Book an AQ (which includes Airport transfer and PCR test), or an SHA+ hotel (which includes Airport transfer and PCR test).

The confirmation of the Airport Transfer and PCR test should be in the booking receipt (preferably a single page). 

Has the Sunshine Hip Hotel provided you with a booking conformation that states the following: 

- Paid

- Inclusive of airport Transfer

- Inclusive of PCR test 

IF so... thats good enough, there will be a booking reference on your confirmation - use that booking confirmation with the Thailand Pass application. 

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
20 minutes ago, Bvor said:

thx for the correction. the plot thickens THAIEST state that AQ is also test and go ie 1 night whereas the application states AQ plan is for 10 nights.

You are supposed to apply via Option 1 : Exemption from Quarantine (Test and Go) which is one night - but a lot of people did not get a QR code (the Thailand Pass / QR Code states ‘Quarantine Exempt’).

Thus, when applying via Option 3 : Alternative Quarantine which is 10 nights, you can still submit the same documents as for option 1 (ie. 1 night test and go booking) and still receive an instant valid QR code (in most cases) which states, 'Alternative Quarantine'. This is a Plan B if you are getting nowhere with Plan A. 

Still make sure you have submitted an Option 1 : Exemption from Quarantine (Test and Go)  application, as this is the ‘correct method’ of application - IMO its good to have the Plan B in your back pocket if you are getting concerned. 

Thai news has stated that Thailand Pass now states that all applications should be approved within 3 days - I’m not sure if this is yet the case.

if AQ has been successfully used as 1 night test and go i will also use. i booked direct online with Sunshine Hip Hotel who are confirmed on THAIEST as SHA+ and AQ but have got nowhere with them re my SHABA ID query (which maybe i don't need). everything is as clear as mud as per usual TIT.  

SHABA codes are for the Phuket Sandbox and booking the PSAS PCR tests - they are not used for the Bangkok Test and Go packages. 

For ‘Quarantine Exempt arrival (1 night ‘Test and Go’) in Bangkok Book an AQ (which includes Airport transfer and PCR test), or an SHA+ hotel (which includes Airport transfer and PCR test).

The confirmation of the Airport Transfer and PCR test should be in the booking receipt (preferably a single page). 

Has the Sunshine Hip Hotel provided you with a booking conformation that states the following: 

- Paid

- Inclusive of airport Transfer

- Inclusive of PCR test 

IF so... thats good enough, there will be a booking reference on your confirmation - use that booking confirmation with the Thailand Pass application. 

my hotel is pattaya not bangkok. i have got all package info on the emailed booking confirmation certificate but i inadvertently printed and uploaded it without the SHA+logo at top of page. hence my concern that it might not be acceptable when manually examined. 4 days have elapsed since reg'n and am getting nervous being kept in the dark. should i need to do a fresh application it will be in AQ mode as suggested. thx again.   

On 11/9/2021 at 8:19 PM, Bvor said:

thx for the correction. the plot thickens THAIEST state that AQ is also test and go ie 1 night whereas the application states AQ plan is for 10 nights. if AQ has been successfully used as 1 night test and go i will also use. i booked direct online with Sunshine Hip Hotel who are confirmed on THAIEST as SHA+ and AQ but have got nowhere with them re my SHABA ID query (which maybe i don't need). everything is as clear as mud as per usual TIT.  

sunshine hip hotel have got back to me stating that shaba id not required post 1/11 and that booking number is acceptable.

still no thailand pass email after 6 days. have a report that yahoo email is not compatible for receipt of the thailand pass QR Code even though registration approval was emailed via yahoo. the report states that guy after waiting 7 days on yahoo applied a second time with gmail and received the thailand pass in 3 days.

saturday will be my 8th day so will apply again via gmail and choosing AQ plan 3. hope my uploads will be of sufficient high resolution and satisfy khun muppet so as not to incur nit picking rejection  

On 11/9/2021 at 7:52 PM, Bvor said:

my hotel is pattaya not bangkok. i have got all package info on the emailed booking confirmation certificate but i inadvertently printed and uploaded it without the SHA+logo at top of page. hence my concern that it might not be acceptable when manually examined. 4 days have elapsed since reg'n and am getting nervous being kept in the dark. should i need to do a fresh application it will be in AQ mode as suggested. thx again.   

There is no harm in making a second ‘tidier’ application just incase the first one has slipped through the gaps. 

Making a second application will not impact or slow your first application in any way. 

Did you ever receive a confirmation of application from your first one ? (did you use g-mail or another and not hotmail?)

On 11/9/2021 at 8:52 PM, Bvor said:

Expand  Expand  

There is no harm in making a second ‘tidier’ application just incase the first one has slipped through the gaps. 

Making a second application will not impact or slow your first application in any way. 

Did you ever receive a confirmation of application from your first one ? (did you use g-mail or another and not hotmail?)

everything done with yahoo - app'n, successful reg'n 5/11, email today to [email protected] (requesting "new" pin number for the QR Code progress). 2 hrs after today pin number request i get TP QR Code @yahoo - and in PDF mode! Phew, all done now. i was doing everything for my dinosaur 81 yo friend and starting to feel as lost as him. my turn probably feb and everything changed again with more silly hoops haha.