Woman searching for shells finds dead body in Chonburi lagoon

Jonathan Fairfield

z6UvnArx-805572-768x576-1.jpeg

A woman who was searching for shells found a dead body instead in the Bor Thong district on Thursday (November 4th).

The Bor Thong Police was notified of the incident at 2:00 P.M. at a lagoon in the Tat Thong sub-district.

Rescue workers and police arrived at the scene to find the body face down floating in the lagoon. The body was later identified as Mr. Sombat Kampa, 43, a Bor Thong local. He was wearing only underwear.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/06/woman-searching-for-shells-finds-dead-body-instead-in-chonburi-lagoon/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 1

Not meant as a flame or a putdown, But..... I always wonder why it's "a dead body" ? Aren't all "deceased humans" classified as just a BODY. ? Quoting dead body to me is similar to saying a live person.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malt25 said:

Not meant as a flame or a putdown, But..... I always wonder why it's "a dead body" ? Aren't all "deceased humans" classified as just a BODY. ? Quoting dead body to me is similar to saying a live person.

or" looking back in retrospect" 

16 minutes ago, malt25 said:

"Body" is more sensitive than quoting a corpse.?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malt25 said:

the word body can be used in many ways including 'Live Body', 'Body of People' (ie a group of people), 'Body of Evidence. The use of 'body' as meaning 'dead body' is a colloquialism body should always have a qualifier in good English grammar.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, malt25 said:

I have a body and I'm still alive !

Deceased body, dead body, corpse, male decedent, female decedent etc...They are all proper ways to write about a body found that is no longer with us in a status of being alive.  Was it a decomposing, or rotting body with the flesh falling off the bones or the skin sloughing off. Was it a decaying body that was odiferous?  I mean everything I have written is what is used when in LE we would write the coroners report. 

• Like 1