Anyone living in Kampaeng Phet - advice needed

poppysdad

I live in Hua Hin and have done so for 15 years now but my girlfriend who originates from Chaiyaphum also has a reasonably profitable business in Kampaeng Phet which when she moved in with me passed over the business to her daughter in law to run who has made a dog’s dinner of it all so perhaps to solve the problem she moves back here and I come with her. So, what is it like here. I’ve  visited a few times and find I quite like the town but don’t know the ins and outs of the place hence some help with the following would be great. 
a) In Hua Hin we have 2 immigration outlets plus they tend to be easy to deal with. Where do I go here and are they reasonable or awkward.
b) Hua Hin has 3 hospitals plus many good clinics for both specific and general help, as I do have some medical issues what is available here. 
c) air quality, is it a problem here as one of my issues is COPD and I don’t want to spend my time afraid to go outside for much of the year. 
d) accommodation, what is available for renting, I’m not looking for a palace but want something that is comfortable for a falang and not at Hua Hin prices. 
e) is there a falang community here or are we few and far between. 
Plus anything else you might think would be of use to know or be aware of. 
Thanks in anticipation of helpful replies.