Leisure travellers unlikely to visit Thailand until next year

webfact

3 hours ago, Pravda said:

That 29yo also turned out to be a ladyboy. I wish I was joking. The post was quickly removed after some of his new found love pictures were posted. 

Oh they will come in droves. The power of ????

Come on, we can all make mistakes, LOL

dddddd - Copy.JPG

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

I have friends in the states that wanted to come they tried to fill out that COE and finally after hours they totally got frustrated and heading to I thinkGreece I need to get rid of that tie pass and all the other <deleted> just for somebody to come here if you’re fully vaccinated TIT

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

Greece . a country of 10 million, opened up this summer  to vaccinated tourism, and required only a negative test, In the there month summer season they had 7 million tourists. and very little imported covid by tourists. 

Probably not a great example to pick

greece.JPG

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

Greece . a country of 10 million, opened up this summer  to vaccinated tourism, and required only a negative test, In the there month summer season they had 7 million tourists. and very little imported covid by tourists. 

Probably not a great example to pick

From what I’ve heard from friends and on social media, the news about the Thailand Pass being so difficult to obtain , and the “ tourists” stressing , not knowing if their holidays are going down the plug are enough to put potential visitors off, or going elsewhere where the rules are simple regulations. The app is definitely not working, some are getting their QR code immediately and others not at all, with less and less hope of traveling. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Until there are no entry requirements and all entertainment is open, there will be no (or few) tourists.

No medical tests.

No documents (beyond a passport).

No insurance.

No forced bookings in special hotels.

No restrictions on tourist activities (free to drink alcohol with friends round your pool, etc.)

Restaurants, bars and nightclubs all open and selling alcohol.

Which is why it's going to be more like 2023 or 2024 until they return in significant #s. China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan not having any of it. Asia will be the last to "live with Covid."

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Best Christmas I ever had, with reindeer passing by outside, making homemade presents to give out, and I still have friends there over 50 years later,

Hmm, I was born in Northern Finland 54 years ago..

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Pravda said:

Looking at some expat Facebook groups, some already came and are already looking for advice about their stunning new 29 year old fully tattooed virgin.

That 29yo also turned out to be a ladyboy. I wish I was joking. The post was quickly removed after some of his new found love pictures were posted. 

Oh they will come in droves. The power of ????

My ole-man told me ???? can draw you further than gunpowder can blow you.

• Haha 2

The regime is too unreliable and unpredictable.  People won't be fooled that easy  !  Everybody knows too well what part of tourism is the money maker . Until then People will stay home or select a more appealing country to spend their money ????. That might also be the case for the " Leisure travelers " .

Who wants to go to bed at 9pm after a day at the  beach  ?? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Well if that's what keeps the authorities happy so be it!!

My test one and half month ago in Sweden was to spit in a tube at a beauty parlor.

Made the Thai authorities happy.

Guess I can reuse it, just change the date in Photoshop.