Leisure travellers unlikely to visit Thailand until next year

webfact

1 hour ago, rabang said:

Let's wait and see. I wouldn't call it a total success seeing the way these countries are struggling with the virus now and the reopening and having heard the point of view of some people who actually live there. Melbourne is actually the city with the longest total time in lockdowns in the world. Besides it is total BS to call Thailand's approach standard when there are numerous countries providing easier access. Even the Thai covid numbers are dubious to say the least.

Well you've mixed a few things in the bowl there. And misquoted me, ( never touted it as a success, never claimed it was standard) but as someone who has no interest in other countries, I'll say it again! I don't find the specific entry requirements for Thailand atm cumbersome at all. And let me say it again "in my opinion". If others find them too difficult or wish to look to other easier countries to enter I wish them all the best of luck. ????

Edited by starky

3 minutes ago, starky said:

Well you've mixed a few things in the bowl there. But as someone who has no interest in other countries, I'll say it again! I don't find the specific entry requirements for Thailand atm cumbersome at all. And let me say it again in my opinion. If others find them too difficult or wish to look to other easier countries to enter I wish them all the best of luck. ????

Thanks for a nice reply without the all too common nasty tone one often encounters in the web. Yeah, I am sure the Thai entry requirements don't seem too bad for someone who is used to something more strict of the past 1.5 years and really wants to enter. For the Thai tourism industry they are still too much because a normal tourist would easily find more accommodating places. Whether the requirements are justifiable considering the virus situation or not is open to debate.

5 minutes ago, rabang said:

Thanks for a nice reply without the all too common nasty tone one often encounters in the web. Yeah, I am sure the Thai entry requirements don't seem too bad for someone who is used to something more strict of the past 1.5 years and really wants to enter. For the Thai tourism industry they are still too much because a normal tourist would easily find more accommodating places. Whether the requirements are justifiable considering the virus situation or not is open to debate.

Couldn't agree more I don't think it's particularly geared towards tourists at all tbh. But it's not particularly overwhelming either compared to what it was a couple weeks ago that will be up to the individual to judge. And there is certainly no shortage of judgement on this forum.

Edited by starky

4 hours ago, starky said:

Yep covid is all a myth.

Duh...no....covid is real but pretending your claim of "Countries still interested in keeping covid out " NOW ...is a myth...but good luck with that thought as the rest of the world gets on with it ????

None is against testing BEFORE flights & asking to see vac record. That is how the civilized world is rolling.

Edited by meechai

On 11/8/2021 at 1:47 PM, starfish said:

You´re supposed to visit temples and overpriced national parks, and play golf, don´t you know ?

That's another thing I forgot to mention when I made a few points comparing Thailand with Mexico : I cannot remember Mexico having different entry prices to museums or parks for foreigners and Mexican nationals. Having different prices, like Thailand does (India too btw) is like posting in big letters : "DEAR FOREIGN VISITORS, WE ARE SO GLAD TO WELCOME YOU AND RIP YOU OFF". As an impression made on international tourists, one can think of sthg a bit better....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gejohesch said:

That's another thing I forgot to mention when I made a few points comparing Thailand with Mexico : I cannot remember Mexico having different entry prices to museums or parks for foreigners and Mexican nationals. Having different prices, like Thailand does (India too btw) is like posting in big letters : "DEAR FOREIGN VISITORS, WE ARE SO GLAD TO WELCOME YOU AND RIP YOU OFF". As an impression made on international tourists, one can think of sthg a bit better....

Well, in Mexico, they probably stick a gun in your face, and just rob you directly ????  The result is the same . . . .

2 minutes ago, starfish said:

Well, in Mexico, they probably stick a gun in your face, and just rob you directly ????  The result is the same . . . .

In spite of all the media coverage, that risk is very small to the point of being negligible. Which foreign visitor would ever dream of going to Sinaloa???

13 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

In spite of all the media coverage, that risk is very small to the point of being negligible. Which foreign visitor would ever dream of going to Sinaloa???

Me. Been there done that. Mazatlan Sinoloa is a wonderful destination and viewed by expats as a lower cost alternative to Puerto Vallarta.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

You´re probably right. And in Mexico it´s some criminals, whereas in Thailand it´s stupid government policy.

they dont seem to understand the damage back home in many countries with millions of jobs lost and companys shut down for good..some folks r just trying to feed themselves and pay off debts for years,,2 yrs of covid have left many in dire straights for a long time

• Like 1