Leisure travellers unlikely to visit Thailand until next year

webfact

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Until there are no entry requirements and all entertainment is open, there will be no (or few) tourists.

No medical tests.

No documents (beyond a passport).

No insurance.

No forced bookings in special hotels.

No restrictions on tourist activities (free to drink alcohol with friends round your pool, etc.)

Restaurants, bars and nightclubs all open and selling alcohol.

Thats a long time away for any sensible country

18 hours ago, steven100 said:

hang on   !!    wasn't it suppose to be 30,000  a day coming .....   LOL

bs .....  bs .....  bla bla bla

That's what happens when you have an unelected soldier posing as a PM.

Did he not take over tourism himself a short time ago? Or was that the other Chuckle Brother Anutin? If they are not sure themselves, how can we be? ????

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

That's destination preference. Nothing to do with covid restrictions. 

Can't you read?

"Let's be real a minute. Just see how much easier it is to go to Mexico or Colombia, as an example. Countries that offer: " etc etc

What all this means is that Thailand needs to do a lot better to attract significant numbers of genuine tourists.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gejohesch said:

Can't you read?

"Let's be real a minute. Just see how much easier it is to go to Mexico or Colombia, as an example. Countries that offer: " etc etc

What all this means is that Thailand needs to do a lot better to attract significant numbers of genuine tourists.

I referred to all the great things you wrote about Mexico as museums, being able to hold a conversation in Spanish etc etc

Just in case there was any doubt about whether a leisure tourist should visit or not, Richard Barrow has just written an article ("the nightmare of testing positive") about people testing positive on arrival.

It's worth a read to everyone travelling to Thailand, I know it's made me put my trip on hold.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=445678823585053&id=100044288176713

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Just in case there was any doubt about whether a leisure tourist should visit or not, Richard Barrow has just written an article (the nightmare of testing positive) on 2 cases of people testing positive on arrival. Both were mandated a hugely expensive hospital even though no symptoms, while 4 other close contacts who tested negative were forced into 14 days quarantine. 

It's worth a read to everyone travelling to Thailand, I know it's made me put my trip on hold.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=445678823585053&id=100044288176713

Apparently, but do not take my word until you read official published studies, after your body kills covid the problem is getting rid of the truck load of debris (dead virus) this is what clogs you up and puts you into overdrive and can kill you.

So--- An RT-PCR can be positive after your body has killed a virus, as the debris are evacuating your system, so after this event happens you could, get a positive RT- PCR when your actually shedding dead virus.

Then you will be sent to MIQ regardless if your double vaccinated and shedding dead virus.

This is probably why scientists are calling for new tests that could eliminate false positives, we will hope they arrive soon.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, starky said:

Thats a long time away for any sensible country

I know many will say the USA is not sensible but........

US lifts COVID restrictions for many foreign travellersThe US will open its doors to travellers from Mexico, Canada, UK, India and most of Europe as of Monday.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the US will accept travellers who have been fully vaccinated with any of the vaccines approved for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO), not just those approved by US authorities.

That means that the AstraZeneca vaccine, widely used in Canada, and the India-developed Covaxin vaccine, will be accepted.

The lifting of restrictions come as the US has seen its COVID-19 outlook improve dramatically in recent weeks since the summer surge spurred by the Delta variant.

10 minutes ago, meechai said:

Yes and with a rolling average of 75k cases a day what does it matter lol. Countries still interested in keeping covid out even from the fully vaccinated for the most part expect a test before flying a tonne of paperwork a test on arrival and some form of tracing app. Why should Thailand be any different?  In fact despite the non stop moaning on this forum and as someone who travelled to Thailand twice through the ASQ/COE system I find the new system to be reasonable and not at all cumbersome except for the problems some seem to be having with the Thailand pass. But those doing the most whingeing about that probably aren't coming anyway. 

Edited by starky

14 minutes ago, starky said:

Yes and with a rolling average of 75k cases a day what does it matter lol. Countries still interested in keeping covid out even from the fully vaccinated for the most part expect a test before flying a tonne of paperwork a test on arrival and some form of tracing app. Why should Thailand be any different? 

Yeah either way is not a problem for us but I think that Countries still interested in keeping covid out

Is total BS & any thinking person knows it

First off it was in Thailand since 2019-2020..any thinking person knows this

At start of pandemic Thailand was full of Chinese...think it just went with them?

They went all of 2019-2020 no testing nothing

Now they test they find plenty...shocked? No

So this stuff now is just BS $$$ nothing more

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, meechai said:

Yeah either way is not a problem for us but I think that Countries still interested in keeping covid out

Is total BS & any thinking person knows it

First off it was in Thailand since 2019-2020..any thinking person knows this

At start of pandemic Thailand was full of Chinese...think it just went with them?

They went all of 2019-2020 no testing nothing

Now they test they find plenty...shocked? No

So this stuff now is just BS $$$ nothing more

Yep covid is all a myth. But back to my point I have zero problem doing a covid test on arrival and spending one night in a Bangkok hotel which is generally what I would do after flying here anyway so zero skin off my nose.

And any thinking person would think that places like Australia and New Zealand have been extremely successful in keeping covid out anyone with half a brain could see that .

Edited by starky

wrong, thailand will not see tourists until they eliminate the idiotic required hoops to jump through, rip off test expenses, possibility of quarantine even if testing negative, a moronic TP site etc . what do they think, tourists will look at a calendar and decide its time to visit and ignore all the hurdles?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gim12 said:

wrong, thailand will not see tourists until they eliminate the idiotic required hoops to jump through, rip off test expenses, possibility of quarantine even if testing negative, a moronic TP site etc . what do they think, tourists will look at a calendar and decide its time to visit and ignore all the hurdles?

I read another Thai centric forum and many there are making plans to travel....and certainly there are arrivals at the airport. So who actually does that make 'wrong'?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, starky said:

Yep covid is all a myth. But back to my point I have zero problem doing a covid test on arrival and spending one night in a Bangkok hotel which is generally what I would do after flying here anyway so zero skin off my nose.

And any thinking person would think that places like Australia and New Zealand have been extremely successful in keeping covid out anyone with half a brain could see that .

Let's wait and see. I wouldn't call it a total success seeing the way these countries are struggling with the virus now and the reopening and having heard the point of view of some people who actually live there. Melbourne is actually the city with the longest total time in lockdowns in the world. Besides it is total BS to call Thailand's approach standard when there are numerous countries providing easier access. Even the Thai covid numbers are dubious to say the least.

On 11/8/2021 at 7:11 PM, Harveyboy said:

you Hope they will come...but who wants to go thru all this sheeet to difficult to expensive Thai government have not done tourism any favours...as ive said before stay in Europe no hassle holidays and cheaper  OH and you can have a beer 

AND, the beer is better and cheaper in Europe, and not subject to rules and regulations from religious control-freaks!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh possum ,  you have to get over the/our elected PM.  

This story was from the Thai Travel Agents Association (TTAA)

and the 30,000 mentioned was from TAT ......    not our good PM Khun Prayut Chan O Cha .......

I agree Anutin is a clown and as we know,   Khun Prayut always comes in to clean up the mess from the others  !!

Yeah. Poor old Lung Tu, always picked on and the brunt of unnecessary finger pointing. 

On 11/7/2021 at 10:13 PM, hotandsticky said:

Last week I witnessed a German guy and a LB 'toe to toe' near the old Dre bar.

The ones that I admire are the Japanese men taking ladyboys that are 50% taller. They climb the mountain or pick up their socks off the floor?