Covid Extension to Marriage Visa

My Non-Immigrant O-A Visa (Retirement) expired on 10 July 2020. From there I went on Visiting Thai Family, Amnesty and then Covid-19 Extensions since that time. My current Covid-19 extension expires on 25 December.

On or before 25 December I will have 12 months of 40K+/month International transfers into my Bangkok Bank account in Thailand. What documents do I need to prepare to apply for a visa based on marriage at Chiang Mai Immigration when my Covid extension runs out? And will this new Visa be "Non-Immigrant O"?

Thank you very much.

you will need to convert to a non imm 'O' visa 'marriage', you need someone to advise re the complex route you have taken to get to where you are, visa/extension wise today, normally a visa exempt or a tourist visa entry is required for a conversion, it would seem the last visa you had to enter Thailand was a retirement 'O''A' visa which expired 16 months ago, have a look here tm86 for a tourist visa holder and tm87 for a visa exempt entry. - https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=2537

Edited by steve187

You have a non-OA visa (assuming you didn't leave and re-enter Thailand after your OA visa expired), and this won't change unless you leave Thailand without a re entry permit.

There is nothing special involved, you just apply for an extension based on marriage to a Thai.

6 minutes ago, steve187 said:

you will need to convert to a non imm 'O' visa 'marriage', you need someone to advise re the complex route you have taken to get to where you are, visa/extension wise today, normally a visa exempt or a tourist visa entry is required for a conversion, it would seem the last visa you had to enter Thailand was a retirement 'O''A' visa which expired 16 months ago, have a look here tm86 for a tourist visa holder and tm87 for a visa exempt entry. - https://www.immigration.go.th/en/?page_id=2537

That's just wrong.

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 1

You will only need to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage of the original OA visa entry you got sometime ago.

Here is my general list of required document for the extension. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

You should check with Chiang Mai immigration as what they require to prove your 40k baht of income using transfers of 40k baht or more.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You have a non-OA visa (assuming you didn't leave and re-enter Thailand after your OA visa expired), and this won't change unless you leave Thailand without a re entry permit.

There is nothing special involved, you just apply for an extension based on marriage to a Thai.

That's just wrong.

No I have not left Thailand since 2015.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You will only need to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage of the original OA visa entry you got sometime ago.

Here is my general list of required document for the extension. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf

You should check with Chiang Mai immigration as what they require to prove your 40k baht of income using transfers of 40k baht or more.

Joe, I assume there will not be any insurance requirement?