One Night Test and Go

fgmr

10 hours ago, TC17 said:

I wonder if the time before results are obtained varies based on your time of arrival?  I'll be arriving at 11:35 pm ????

It can all vary depending on how onboard the AQ's are with their hospital? Some test on-site and others have been taken to a hospital or clinic for testing between airport pickup and hotel check-in. From what I have read, late evening and night-time test results are usually delivered mid-to-late afternoon or 12 to 16 hours later. You should be good to go before dinner.

YMMV

Arrived yesterday, here a summary of my experience:

12:30    Arrival at airport (DXB-BKK)
12:45    Passed document check and medical questions (the "blue chair" queue).

12:50    Passed immigration

There was basically no queueing anywhere. Though I should mention I had a seat in the front of the plane.

13:00    Hotel driver picked me up and drove to hotel. We stopped at a hospital for the PCR test. Was a "drive in", they swabbed me while I was sitting in the car. The nurse mentioned results are delivered in 12 hours.

14:30    Hotel check-in, had to stay in the room until test result arrives. Once the result is delivered (and negative), you can move freely. Their instructions where pretty clear, also what happens if the result is positive. Ambulance will pick you up immediately and transport you to the hospital, even middle of the night. 

21:00    Received my result already after 6 hours (via hotel reception, they call you and send you an email) 

08:00    Had a great sleep, enjoyed breakfast, and immediately checked out afterwards.

The whole process was super smooth. Someone here suggested that in such complex situations it's recommended to pay more, and choose a higher class hotel, which I did. I paid 6900 THB for the 1-day test & go package and it was worth it. 

Yeah, finally back in Bangkok after 2 years, party on! I rarely drink but today I kill some Heinekens for sure!