Single Day stay SHA PLUS hotel + Transport + PCR Tests package in Phuket

MariosK

I found about 4 hotels offering this package on agoda (called quarantine package) but when I tried for Phuket I found only a filter called SHA PLUS hotels and no package that includes PCR tests and transfer from airport?

I also read that for the Thainland Pass I will need a single page certificate from hotel that states that PCR test and transport are also included in the price in JPG or PNG format.

Am I getting something wrong ? Why I cant find these packages for Phuket.

The country I am leaving is Cyprus and its in the list of exception and both me and wife are fully vaccined (our 3 year old daughter is not). For this reason we are not going for the sandbox progam.

For Phuket ONLY.

Book your SHA+ hotel from Agoda.

Contact the hotel and ask them for the SHABA Certificate.

Use the SHABA reference code (on the certificate) to book your PCR test on the PSAS site https://www.thailandpsas.com

All transport / taxi’s from Phuket Airport are certified SHA+ so transport is not an issue (your hotel booking may include transport or not). 

Combine both the SHABA Certificate and the PSAS PCR test booking into one clear JPEG document and submit on the Thailand Pass application. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 2

at this video i can see that if the single page certificate of the hotel does not include 1) the PCR tests and 2) the Transport I will be rejected at the Thailand Pass procedure. It has to be a package and be paid all together and have a single page JPG or PNG certificate to upload to the Thailand Pass system. In Agoda if you select Bangkok you can see Quarantine Offers to see the ones having this kind of package. For Phuket I can see only SHA PLUS filter.

Phuket does indeed do it differently than Bangkok. You can book at any SHA+ hotel. Having done the Sandbox twice, I'd suggest you contact the hotel directly and ask if they have any special rates. Some include the taxi from the airport. An SHA+ taxi to your hotel is required.

The rate I was given at the Doubletree Hilton, for example, was cheaper than what was listed on their website. The hotel has to issue the certificate you need to apply for the Thailand Pass so I found dealing with the hotel was easier.

In Phuket you organize (and pay) for your airport PCR test on this site and the test is done at the airport: https://www.thailandpsas.com/ Generally the result is available in from 4 to 7 hours and then you're free to do what you'd like. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DFPhuket said:

In Phuket you organize (and pay) for your airport PCR test on this site and the test is done at the airport: https://www.thailandpsas.com/ Generally the result is available in from 4 to 7 hours and then you're free to do what you'd like. 

Can you please clarify "free to do what you'd like"? I am booking flights and visa for my elder sister to visit us for 90 days in Krabi. Have booked SHA+ hotel for max 1 night in Phuket, and the ThailandPSAS PCR test, but Royal Thai Embassy in London is requiring hotel booking for all the 90 days! That is ridiculous. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Dr B said:

Can you please clarify "free to do what you'd like"? I am booking flights and visa for my elder sister to visit us for 90 days in Krabi.

I was referring to the Thailand Pass, but your issue relates to getting a visa. One the requirements to secure a visa is "Proof of Hotel or private accommodation". Proof of one night in an SHA+ hotel plus a letter of invitation indicating she is staying with you for the next 89 days (plus meeting the other visa requirements) should be sufficient to get the visa.  With the visa, she can then apply for the Thailand Pass. 

Other embassies have much clearer details than the London embassy about what you need regarding accommodation proof. Here's what the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern has on their website:

A copy of Accommodation Reservation

• In case of staying in a hotel/apartment; a reservation confirmation for at least half of your stay in Thailand with name, address, and contact details of the hotel/apartment
  • In case of staying with a friend who is a foreigner who has his/her own house in Thailand; an invitation letter with a copy of his/her passport, residence/work permit in Thailand, and a copy of house register (Ta-bien-baan).
  • In case of staying with a friend who is a foreigner who rents a house/condo/apartment; an invitation letter with a copy of his/her passport, residence/work permit in Thailand, and a rental/buying agreement with a prove of the original house/condo/apartment owner; Thai ID and house register (Ta-bien-baan) or Company registration.
  • In case of staying with a Thai national friend or Thai spouse; an invitation letter with a copy of his/her Thai ID or passport and a copy of house register (Ta-bien-baan)