Need help with the day/time to schedule my RT-PCR test.

Hi.

I don't want to screw up this RT-PCR 72 hour testing window.

So I ask you experts the following:

I can get a free RT-PCR lab test at my local Pharmacy using my medical insurance. But the results will be sent between 24-36 hours after testing.

With that said:

If today is Monday, my flight leaves in 7 Days (Sunday 9:00pm).

I arrive in Bangkok on Tuesday morning.

What day/time is best for me to get tested?

Thanks.

TC.

36 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

well 72 hrs before would be Thur. 9pm, so unless you can get a late night test, first thing Fri and hope you can get the results Sat

I agree with your recommendation for tomx2.

For my family, I scheduled their RT-PCR test for Friday December 24, at 10:00 AM. Their flight is scheduled to leave at 11:00 AM Sunday December 26. The clinic said they would have the results sent in about 12 hours.

1 hour ago, bunnydrops said:

well 72 hrs before would be Thur. 9pm, so unless you can get a late night test, first thing Fri and hope you can get the results Sat

Hi bunnydrops..

Thanks.

Based on your reply, If I take the test on Friday morning between 10:00am and 17:00pm, I should get my result back Sunday before 17:00pm. If the pharmacy has a window of 24-36 hours (after testing) emailing the results. Correct?

tomx

Weekend testing makes me nervous. Nothing could be much worse than having your result sitting waiting for opening on Monday. Where I am at now, no clinic will get me a result back sooner than 5 days unless I am sick. They told me test for the non sick are pushed to the end of the line until they have time to do it. I will have to do a 5 hr drive to an airport that does test as you wait for $250 cash, no insurance taken, results in one hr.

Edited by bunnydrops
addition

51 minutes ago, bunnydrops said:

Weekend testing makes me nervous. Nothing could be much worse than having your result sitting waiting for opening on Monday. Where I am at now, no clinic will get me a result back sooner than 5 days unless I am sick. They told me test for the non sick are pushed to the end of the line until they have time to do it. I will have to do a 5 hr drive to an airport that does test as you wait for $250 cash, no insurance taken, results in one hr.

Wow, Hearing your story, As a backup plan, I'm going to schedule a RT-PCR test at a clinic in JFK airport for my departure date (1 hour for results $200.00).

Thanks.

TC.