Poppy day.

Bert got kinky

So, as the title suggests, today is Poppy Day (Remembrance Day).

Do you make a special effort to commemorate and remember the brave men and women who fell while protecting us?

How do you mark Poppy Day?

I had planned to pay my respects at the Kanchanaburi War Memorial but I have visiting customers today, so I have to stay in the office and attend to them.

I am however wearing my regimental T-shirt & a Poppy badge and I will make sure that I am free at 11am, so I can spend some time in thought, thinking about and thanking our veterans for their sacrifice.

On Sunday (Remembrance Sunday), we (me & my wife) will pay our respects at the Kanchanaburi War Memorial, as we have done for most of my previous Remembrance Sundays in Thailand.

Please God, watch over those who fell while watching over us.

01.jpg

Edited by Bert got kinky
  • Like 1

I love Poppy day and I was surprised that it stretched as far as Koh Samui..............................Back in the early noughties Big Dave Covey, the then, UK Honary Consul on the island used to drop the poppy boxes around to restaurants and bars on the island.......We all used to do our best to collect as much as poss............real community spirit back then..........................great feeling, great cause and 'thank you' to all....................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1