Insurance for Holiday

I am a UK citizen coming to Thailand for 3 weeks. Do you know any insurance companies that you use to meet the entry requirements?

I need it to cover me for if I test positive and have to go to hospital whether I am symptomatic or non-symptomatic.

It is also my understanding that if I test negative but someone close to me on the plane, car to hotel etc tests positive then I also have to go to hospital or stay in a quarantine hotel - will my insurance cover me for that? Have I got that part right?

Do you know the name of the policy from AXA and Tune that covers me for this issue?

It is also my understanding that if I test negative but someone close to me on the plane, car to hotel etc tests positive then I also have to go to hospital or stay in a quarantine hotel - will my insurance cover me for that? Have I got that part right?

Richard Barrow wrote this:

You could be quarantined even if you test negative but sit next to someone, either on the plane or in the hotel transfer car, who later tests positive. However, in the latter scenario, I don’t think you will find an insurance policy which will cover you for a forced hotel quarantine of 14 days.

Has anyone found a policy that does cover for this?

2 hours ago, WalsallRobbo said:

Richard Barrow wrote this:

You could be quarantined even if you test negative but sit next to someone, either on the plane or in the hotel transfer car, who later tests positive. However, in the latter scenario, I don’t think you will find an insurance policy which will cover you for a forced hotel quarantine of 14 days.

Has anyone found a policy that does cover for this?

As far as I know, there is none.

Thai issued policies that include COVID will cover hospitalization if you are COVID positive and asymptomatic since they are used to the practoce of hospitalizing asymptomatic people. Foreign issued policies may or may not, often it depends on how theh ospital completes the paperwork (e.g. if they put you are being hospitalized for COVID, plan of treatment is antivirals and monitor O2 sat and say nothing one way or the other about symptoms, lijley will be covered, but if they clearly state asymptomatic and hospitalized just for quarantine and observation, will not).

No policy will cover hotel quarantine of a COVID negative person - you re on your own for that, and it will indeed occur if someone you sat near tests positive.

9 hours ago, WalsallRobbo said:

Would it be hotel quarantine though if you are negative and someone near you tests positive or would it be straight to the hospital despite being negative?

You would not be sent you the hospital unless you tested positive. 

You might have to stay in the hotel for 7 days that is required for those that are vaccinated but not from a listed country to get another negative test. They should not put you into a 10 day quarantine for those not vaccinated.

I asked some of the hotels where I am thinking of staying about the situation if I don't test positive but someone near me does (do you know how that is calculated by the way?) and they said that:

This will be considered case by case. And will be considered by the government staff and doctor.

It will be hotel quarantine

It looks like hotel quarantine (paid for by the occupant and not through insurance) then and how long for I am not sure.