Dermatologist & Dental Whitening

oreacr

Hi,

I'm from Singapore, and I'm looking to head to BKK for a short holiday, as well as to get some cosmetic surgery done.

Basically, I'm looking for a Dermatologist to remove some of my old acne scars, and also close up some pores. I understand MicroLaser Peel is effective, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm already on Roaccutane for over a year, and my skin condition has stabilised enough, according to my doctor.

Also, I'm hoping to get some tooth whitening done. I understand some of my previous composite fillings will have to be removed, and colour matched again. In the end, I'm hoping for a slightly even and whiter shade.

So guys and gals, please let me know of any recommendations. I think the cost in Singapore isn't that much more expensive these days, but I did rather get a nice holiday at the same time!

Thanks!

Are you still on accutane? If you are, no dermatologist or plastic surgeon is going to to anything with your face. I believe you need to be off of the medication for at least 6 months but preferably a year or you risk scarring.

I'm presently on it, but in very light doses. 10mg, twice weekly. Eitherway, I hope to get some information, as I do up quite often, and so I can plan for my future trips.

Are you still on accutane? If you are, no dermatologist or plastic surgeon is going to to anything with your face. I believe you need to be off of the medication for at least 6 months but preferably a year or you risk scarring.

I'm presently on it, but in very light doses. 10mg, twice weekly. Eitherway, I hope to get some information, as I do up quite often, and so I can plan for my future trips.

laser whiteing can be done anywhere in thailand it costs between 7500b-10000b ,i did mine in samui 10000b told me would last up too 2 years ,6 months later they need doing again,too much coffee and fags i was told ,but the result was worth it i had a film star smile for a while :o

Hi,

I'm from Singapore, and I'm looking to head to BKK for a short holiday, as well as to get some cosmetic surgery done.

Basically, I'm looking for a Dermatologist to remove some of my old acne scars, and also close up some pores. I understand MicroLaser Peel is effective, but I'm open to suggestions. I'm already on Roaccutane for over a year, and my skin condition has stabilised enough, according to my doctor.

Also, I'm hoping to get some tooth whitening done. I understand some of my previous composite fillings will have to be removed, and colour matched again. In the end, I'm hoping for a slightly even and whiter shade.

So guys and gals, please let me know of any recommendations. I think the cost in Singapore isn't that much more expensive these days, but I did rather get a nice holiday at the same time!

Thanks!

Hi!

I cannot respond in terms of Roaccutane but for professional advice:

A great dermatologist/laser surgeon in Bangkok, a doctor's doctor, is

Dr. Niwat at Kasemrad Hospital, Aesthestics Center,

Prachachuen Junction, Bangkok.

PHONE: 0-2910-1600-Ext.1401-1

If you have any questions, call and arrange to speak with him on the phone first.

He is extremely personable and will truly place you at ease.

If the operator doesn't understand your request for the phone extension,

ask for Dr. Niwat's office, you will be transferred to his front desk.

speaker_Niwat-Polnikorn.jpgflag_thai.gifProf Niwat Polnikorn, MD, FRCP(T) spacer.gifProf Polnikorn is a Clinical Professor in Dermatology; Director at Kasemrad Aesthetic Center, Kasemrad Prachacheun Hospital, in Bangkok; as well as Acting Director at Bangkok International Aesthetics Center, Bangkok General Hospital,Bangkok, Thailand. He completed his Medical Degree from Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital in 1974, Diplomates in Venereology from University of London, and Certificate in Laser Surgery from Tel Aviv. He was the President of Thai Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and Surgery; Secretary and Member of the Expert Committee on Sexually Transmitted Diseases of the Food and Drug Administration, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand; Editorial Board for Archive of Dermatology. And presently the Chairman, Post-Graduate Fellowship In Dermatologic Surgery Training Committee.

WHO NOT TO SEE:

I encourage you to avoid Apex Profound Beauty, with Dr. Nantapat its owner and director; there are several in Bangkok with one at the Emporium and another in Pattaya. She is also on staff at Bumrungrad Hospital. Others on this site have also noted their dissatisfaction with her care or lack thereof. Another dermatologist/laser surgeon to avoid is Dr. Atchima although she

primarily sees Thai patients.