AIS warn consumers about purchasing illegal SIM cards

webfact

19 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Or in other words: AIS employees register numbers in names of people without validating their ID card.

Or you might not have heard about it, but there are actually phones that can hold more than one SIM at the same time today. If you them take the possibility of coding malicious strings that hacks other SIM cards, you will probably get it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The company advised its clients to only deal with responsible companies and reject those advertising fancy numbers as enticements. 

You know, I really don’t think I’ve ever considered a phone number as being “fancy” or “enticing”.

Though I must I get strange feelings whoever I see 3.14, but only when I’m hungry…

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Or you might not have heard about it, but there are actually phones that can hold more than one SIM at the same time today. If you them take the possibility of coding malicious strings that hacks other SIM cards, you will probably get it.

I think you didn't understand the article. It's written a bit misleading though, so easy to misunderstand.

Edited by jackdd

59 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I think you didn't understand the article. It's written a bit misleading though, so easy to misunderstand.

What? I didn´t understand? EeeH?

I understand that gangs are selling fake SIM cards they say comes from AIS, with attractive numbers that are not registered in the system. The cards are programmed with malicious strings that once in a mobile phone will contact the AIS network and steal both private data in the mobile phone as well as hacking the AIS customer database.

I could go on Mr. Jack, but that would be to long and boring for the rest of the readers in this forum. If you wish, feel free to DM me, and I will explain how they do it and I will also give you a free lesson in ethical hacking and how to protect yourself from malicious strings in the digital online world. Welcome!

59 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

I understand that gangs are selling fake SIM cards they say comes from AIS, with attractive numbers that are not registered in the system. The cards are programmed with malicious strings that once in a mobile phone will contact the AIS network and steal both private data in the mobile phone as well as hacking the AIS customer database.

They aren't sending any sim cards to anybody. They just pretend to sell SIM cards with attractive numbers, when somebody buys it they request the buyer's personal data, allegedly to activate the SIM card, but they just steal the customer's data, never sending anything to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Interesting...I have been buying unlimited data plans via Lazada AIS SIMS for years....sometimes when these same plans are unavailable via AIS themselves...but the SIMS are alwways fine when I go to AIS shop to register before use. 

I bought one of those, too. It's mind-boggling that AIS doesn't just offer those promotions directly. Not only would it cut out the middleman, it would also eliminate the risks described in the article.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

You know, I really don’t think I’ve ever considered a phone number as being “fancy” or “enticing”.

Though I must I get strange feelings whoever I see 3.14, but only when I’m hungry…

The only number I fancy is 36-24-36