Looking for lightbulbs

unblocktheplanet

Okay, just add me to the weird list. Perhaps it was growing up in the 1950s.

I like incandescent light. It bathes everything in a warm & cozy glow.

We’re all cautioned to limit our blue light exposure to screens but what about fluorescents, LEDs & halogens?

I’m all for saving the planet. But we’re not going to do it with lightbulbs.

Bottom line: Where can I buy 40-watt, 60-watt, & 100-watt frosted lightbulbs in Bangkok?

I don’t wanna switch!

I still have incandescents in the chook brooder.

Last time I bought some was in one of the little outlets next to Sukhumvit MRT station, opposite side of the road from Soi Cowboy. No idea if it's still there.

Those warm white LEDs are just not the same. Nor are the clear, not frosted variety on Lazada.

For more on this, look up John Nash Ott. He did time-lapse cinematography for Disney, flowers blooming and so on. He discovered only incandescents would allow for the natural cycles & went on to do studies on animals & light source.

Yes, I'm a dinosaur. Maybe real lightbulbs are extinct, too. Whoever would want to adjust their lights with their phone?!? Sheesh!

25 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

For more on this, look up John Nash Ott. He did time-lapse cinematography for Disney, flowers blooming and so on. He discovered only incandescents would allow for the natural cycles & went on to do studies on animals & light source.

LEDs work just fine for growing cannabis.

So a friend tells me ...................

• Haha 1

Incandescent bulbs are hard to come by these days, I went looking for one at several big box hardware stores in our area to help keep our cat warm on cold nights (he get sick easy).  

Thanks for the Lazada link @johng, I tried Lazada before and came up empty.