Buying a business in Thailand

Considering buying a biz in Thailand. Can anyone please outline the steps and typical timelines in the process taking it from having an offer accepted through to completion and takeover (assume target is a limited company with mix of Thai and foreign directors and shareholders). 

Have owned companies elsewhere but this will be my first time here (but I already understand the laws on land/company/share ownership, so no need to cover that). Appreciate any help .... Thanks

Hi, i got one empty co.ltd available where you can change the shareholdership immediately to 49% foreign.

Nothing done in it for 2 years now but always filed tax 0 ev month so all free from liabilities.

Asking 15.000 baht for it for 2 million capital.

On 11/12/2021 at 8:49 AM, jimflan said:

Can anyone please outline the steps and typical timelines in the process taking it from having an offer accepted through to completion and takeover (assume target is a limited company with mix of Thai and foreign directors and shareholders). 

If your are talking about taking over an existing Thai company limited normally takes a few days and less than a week for needed registration, i.e. change of names of directors and shareholders, if paperwork and meeting report(s) are in order by accountant and/or lawyer.

Registration of a new company limited takes about a week, provided all homework has been done.

On 11/12/2021 at 3:38 PM, delgarcon said:

First step find a decent lawyer, Second step ask the lawyer how long it will take to complete.

The above advice cannot be repeatable enough times. Get a lawyer!

Also, make sure that lawyer involves a competent account, as the traps in an existing company's books can be numerous and nasty!