Thailand’s nightlife venues to reopen on Jan 16, subject to assessment

snoop1130

A post has been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

• Like 2

all thaistaements since begining ,always include one word

COE  : you maybe alloud to travel to other provinces

bars:  we may open bars 16.janurary

all include the word MAYBE  or  simmilar pronouncments ,for all no garantee

save time for read the <deleted> until its in the royal gazette

29 minutes ago, johnhender said:

This made my decision for me, I am not spending the money and time to fly to a dry covent, I love BKK but not enough to fly 24 hours to watch tv in a hotel room I have seen enough, wats, temple and beaches. I like going out at night,  call me anything you want I don't even care. If I cant go out at night and have some fun why even bother going I just as well go to Disney land ( buy the way they are open and serving alcohol)  I was hoping for some logic from the government, but now at least I don't have to deal with the ThaiPass headache anymore and I will spend the money to go down to CR where they are open and have lots left over for myself and save 4 calendar days of travel I can leave my house at 8AM and be in CR by 2pm in the Hilton, I have no idea what TAT is thinking or are they even thinking 

Genuine question.

CR  ?  I honestly can't figure it out.

Costa Rica???

Edited by overherebc

5 hours ago, Screaming said:

Actually, this is great news. It has been so peaceful in Thailand since the bars were closed. There is no reason to rush the opening of these venues. This delay will enable more citizens to get vaccinated and prevent Covid infections and death. 

I get it that some are enjoying the peace and quiet. I live close to some bars that play loud music late into the night without consideration for their neighbours, so it has been great for me too.  But the government are destroying people's livelihoods. Bar operators are still having to pay rent on businesses that they can't open. 

I can't see the difference between someone enjoying a beer, and someone having drinks with their meal providing the venues are operating social distancing.

16th December or 16th January. Not much difference between the two. Except it might give some businesses a chance to earn some money over Christmas and the New Year.

10 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Except it might give some businesses a chance to earn some money over Christmas and the New Year.

Used to have a bar in Pattaya....the money it made for those few weeks, Dec/Jan was staggering.

Edited by Will B Good
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Better off in Saudi Arabia than here in terms of getting a beer in a bar or pub.

Can't speak for Saudi Arabia, but just spent a couple of weeks in Dubai and I can confirm, you are NOT better off in terms of getting a beer. And if you manage to get one -> 10 USD for a Heineken. 

Edited by MixPiano
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Dear TAT: Kindly disseminate this news to your overseas reps and travel agencies around the globe, as well as publish it on your own and the Thailand Travel Pass websites, so foreigners who are planning to visit your (allegedly) opened-up country for the holidays and New Year still have a chance to change their plans and go somewhere else instead. I mean, why jump through hoops with all sorts of cost-intensive documentation and pre-travel requirements just to arrive at a destination that is basically dead?

A friend in the UK sent me a recent TAT promotion about how the country was now open and it was the time to visit the wonders of Thailand. It failed to mention any restrictions at all, and that many tourist areas were semi-derelict with most entertainment venues closed. 

1 hour ago, phetphet said:

I get it that some are enjoying the peace and quiet. I live close to some bars that play loud music late into the night without consideration for their neighbours, so it has been great for me too.  But the government are destroying people's livelihoods. Bar operators are still having to pay rent on businesses that they can't open. 

I can't see the difference between someone enjoying a beer, and someone having drinks with their meal providing the venues are operating social distancing.

16th December or 16th January. Not much difference between the two. Except it might give some businesses a chance to earn some money over Christmas and the New Year.

I don't know yet about what happens in other locations, but I came back to Thailand (Phuket) today. Went through Bangla road nearly 11pm and the place was bursting with life. Looks like the mongers (quite a few of them) are back. Can't imagine them drinking tea or water at this time of the day. No social distancing whatsoever, all same as the good old days.

So there seems to be a bit of discrepancy what the government is saying and what actually happens on the ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, gearbox said:

I don't know yet about what happens in other locations, but I came back to Thailand (Phuket) today. Went through Bangla road nearly 11pm and the place was bursting with life. Looks like the mongers (quite a few of them) are back. Can't imagine them drinking tea or water at this time of the day. No social distancing whatsoever, all same as the good old days.

So there seems to be a bit of discrepancy what the government is saying and what actually happens on the ground.

Phuket has no any restrictions. It seems like the generals are only determined to destroy Pattaya’s nightlife.

Edited by Zikomat
  • Like 2

Here's an idea: only open bars where staff are fully vaccinated, and only allow fully vaccinated customers to enter. Is this not what you've been working towards the past 1.5 years? If you're not willing to do that now, what hope is there that we ever return to normalcy? There has to be some middleground for entertainment venues as has been for other sectors.

COVID will be here for the foreseeable future. It's not much worse than other diseases and vaccination rates are getting high enough in Thailand. I think we've all had enough at this point, it's exhausting. People scared of catching COVID and dying from it, please, do not go to high risk events or bars. Let the rest of us live our lives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bkksteve123 said:

People scared of catching COVID and dying from it, please, do not go to high risk events or bars. Let the rest of us live our lives.

The people who are scared of catching covid won't be going to bars and discos, by choice. They don't need the places closing for that.

But that's nothing to do with why everyone else apart from the above group can't do this, that's entirely on the government public health policies.

I have zero confidence that the nightlife will be opened up back to normal any time soon and I'm measuring that in years, not mere months.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

went out for a walk tonight and passed by <DELETED> and it was rammed full of people drinking and I mean in the hundreds - there is nowhere else for any new tourists to go at night so they are all crammed into one small area - it really is at breaking point 

something urgently needs to change - just crazy

I hope that Pattaya allows most restaurants to serve alcohol to avoid the crowding.  Other people may want the few places, serving on the down low, to get closed and for tourists to drink alone in their hotel rooms.  We will see what happens.

• Like 1

Anecidol evidence from around thailand would seem that pattaya is a no 1 close down target even when covid is less than other parts in fact 3rd most vaccinated that said treetown was busy

Second week of jan is a stab in the back for small bar/resturant owners.

no doubt another agenda here.

• Like 2