Chiang Mai: Governor says Red Zones in province are not danger zones - pledges 100% vax target to continue

webfact

10pm.jpg

Picture: Manager

The governor of Chiang Mai Prajon Pratchsakul was upbeat as he went on an inspection visit to a mosque in Chang Khlan sub-district used as a testing center in one of 15 areas declared Red Zones.

He said that Red Zones did not spell danger; they were a means of controlling outbreaks that would be over within 14 days, reported Manager.

Between 300 to 400 are testing positive for Covid daily in the northern Thai province famous for its tourism.

The governor pledged that vaccinations of Thai residents, workers and foreign residents would continue in his province until everyone has had a jab. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2021-11-13

Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Confused 1

No matter what this bureaucrat says CM in total is a danger zone. And they have been using Sinovac which is as good as water. 50% of my Thai friends who have had this vax have subsequently tested positive and been admitted to hospital. The medics are simply unable to cope, the testing programme is behind the wave and totally inadequate, As for the walk in vaccination centres ! What good is having them open for a few hours over a few days. People started queuing at 03:30 at one location that was open ftom 8:30 for 4 hours. That is an indication of how CM will never overcome this virus.

3 hours ago, brommers said:

using Sinovac which is as good as water.

With due respect, I disagree, even though some of your Thai friends have sadly been hospitalized.  I am a 77 year old Brit who is fully vaccinated with 2 jabs of Sinovac and possess my COVID-19 Proof of vaccination card. My doctor here in Cambodia recommended Sinovac, not Sinopharm, as I am an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic with blood pressure problems. To date, I have lived in Siem Reap for almost 2 years and have never suffered from any coronavirus symptoms (touch wood!) such as breathing and temperature problems (my range always between 35.8 and 36.7 - normal). I have been informed that a booster jab will be available in 4 months time, so I hope to be continuing to live happily in retirement. I must admit I have never been tested for the virus as I have never felt ill or been asked to do so.