Hua Hin/Cha-Am: Despite reopening foreigners are not coming at all - domestic tourism now target

webfact

5 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

why would they when its far easier & cheaper to do 1 night in bangkok's (not) quarantine & then get a private taxi back to their villa/condo the next day?

thats what my friends are doing anyway.

That's what people are doing. They're not tourists though, they have second houses here.

My next door neighbour turned up the other day, back from spending his summer in Europe.

They stay for a night in Bangkok then get a taxi to Hua Hin.

Two of my friends are returning to their house in Hua Hin, soon, and another 21 friends will be headed for Hua Hin

at the end of the month. The guest house that they will be staying at was very happy to hear that they

are coming to Hua Hin, as business is dead.   All of them are there until early April, so they may be

there long enough to actually be able to drink a beer in a bottle before they have to return to Canada in the Spring.

I had another friend that lives in Hua Hin full time, say that it will look a bit different when I go there

again as some places are being knocked down and closed permanently. I hope that the Winter months are

great for all the visitors to Thailand and other Tropical destinations.

Geezer