Refunds from qatar?

Sanookmike

Hi all not really sure if this is the correct place for this post but is anyone familiar with the refund process from qatar airways flexible tickets?

I had a issue during checkout which resulted in me buying two return tickets for the same flights to Thailand in Jan, I've cancelled one booking and got confirmation that its cancelled and they will refund me 500.. 

Has anyone refunded their ticket recently and have a idea of when I should get my money back?. Its upset my current plans and means money will be a bit tight now til I fly unless I get that refund ????

Wouldn't be better to ask the airline head office in Thailand and even call them in Qatar? not sure what TVF members can help but when it comes to refunds you need to let them know who you are and call and email them relentlessly until you get your money back...

Also, if you have paid with a credit card you can ask your card issuer to open a payment dispute for the double charge and in most cases it helps...

Edited by ezzra
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Wouldn't be better to ask the airline head office in Thailand and even call them in Qatar? not sure what TVF members can help but when it comes to refunds you need to let them know who you are and call and email them relentlessly until you get your money back...

Also, if you have paid with a credit card you can ask your card issuer to open a payment dispute for the double charge and in most cases it helps...

Thanks I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say officially, was a long shot but with ppl saying they canceled recent was hoping someone might have a idea.

A lot of people, including myself, have found successful refund resolution with QR via DM (Direct Message) on Twitter.

Qatar Airways Support

@qrsupport

Once approved, credit was issued to my credit card within 24 hours, although my CC/bank took another ~ 36 hours to process that credit. And another 24 hours to move the credit back to my cash account (which required a request via telephone).

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Wouldn't be better to ask the airline head office in Thailand

Yes, but only if the ticket was issued here. I can't tell where it was issued based on the OP. If issued elsewhere then try that country's QR CTO.

35 minutes ago, Sanookmike said:

even call them in Qatar

This works, although many folks find the Twitter approach simpler, faster and it provides a paper trail.

• Thanks 1